Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bees survived!

We processed the parts of the bull calf that were not bruised and have roasts, one tenderloin, stew meat, and dog food in the freezer.

My rent houses had no issues.

The two rent houses, which belong to a friend, that I prepped for the weather had no issues.

Everyone in real life has been helpful and supportive.

·
Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate
18,365 Posts
All the new Ford F-150 pickup trucks have on board generators. Ford Motor Company, World Headquarters in Michigan, authorized all Ford dealers in Texas to release a F-150s in their inventory for use in the communities without power. The hybrid F-150 pickup trucks have an on board 7,000 watt generator. These trucks supplied electricity to thousands of Texans, perhaps saving lives. The Ford F-150, assembled in Michigan by employees that understand the importance of a reliable vehicle are glad the trucks could play a part in helping in this disaster.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
We are looking forward to 40*+ temps over the next few days, and give our wood supplies a rest. I have lots of project tractors/mowers/boats to sell, but needing warm weather. I would rather have full pockets, than a full barn at this point.

·
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My pipes didn't burst. The heat of the secondary pump running with no cooling water going through separated the glue holding a fitting. The pump seems awfully warm when it runs, but it does push water. At this time, I had it running enough to wash dishes, then I'll turn it off again.

It may be a couple of weeks before the well folks get here.

·
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DISHES are washed. I used two of my BIG cheesemaking pots, one for hot soapy water, and one for rinsing. I felt like a pioneer.

One thing I'm thinking about is the dual fuel gas and wood kitchen stove that has been sitting in my barn. I think it's time for that outside kitchen to be built.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts