OMG what kind of rabbit do you think this was?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by ZooNana, Apr 10, 2006.

1. ZooNana

ZooNana In the Colorado Rockies

Yep it's big, I've seen a few almost that size. There are a few giant breeds (British Giant, Continental Giant). My favorite are Flemish Giants.

2. topside1

topside1 Retired Coastie Supporter

wow i wonder how much does it weigh!!??

3. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That one is large too.

British and Continental rabbits can get larger then the Flemish.

Lovely rabbits :)

4. Terry W

Terry W Duchess of Cynicism

After seeing the rabbit on my Yahoo news, and now this one!!! Someone once told they would not raise ostrich-- " I would not raise a bird that can break my leg with one kick " Can you imagoine what would happen if that bunny started kicking and scratching? OUCH!!! :stars:

5. 2horses

2horses I'm a silly filly!! Supporter

I held one at a rabbit show a few months ago, just laid it across my lap. He stayed there for a long time without moving hardly at all, until his dad came and got him. Seemed very docile! And heavy....

Pam :cool: <----- thinks big bunnies are cool....

6. Lilandra

Lilandra talk little, listen much

NO WAY is that a real picture - it was touched up to make the rabbit look LARGE.
    I raise flemish giants - My daughter's Cutie is 20 pounds of spoiled fluff... she meets the standards of perfection in most parts - 6 inch ears, feet and tail.... the rest is overfed lazy bunny... My son has a fawn flemish that is bigger, she is 24 pounds, but ears, feet and tail are still just 6 inches.

When you are used to 4-5 pound fryers and mini buns for pets - this is HUGE, but not monsterous like in the picture.

It kind of reminds me how we used to take pictures of the fish the kids would catch. They would hold them out at arms length - closer to the camera so they would look bigger than they were... same thing I bet with that picture.

7. glidergurl03

glidergurl03 Well-Known Member

I've got a silver Flemish doe whos' around 25 lbs...She's massive. I'm no shrimp, and when I hold her, her front is over the top of my shoulder and her rump is in my hands at my waist. So I can see that bun bein real...*shudders* And yeah, Flemish are generally calm. I've seen little 5 year olds hauling them around under the front legs...LOL. THeir feet draggin on the ground and they don't care. lol. Great buns.

8. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

There are slightly more than 2.2 Pounds per Metric Kilogram. That bunny would weigh more than 88 pounds. I really doubt that the old man would be so casually holding him like that.