OMG!! Santa is REAL!!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by omnicat, Nov 26, 2006.

1. omnicat

omnicat Well-Known Member

The nursery I work in has a festive air on the weekends no through Christmas. Minature-horse-drawn carriage rides, live llamas, chestnuts (roasted on an open fire, no less), free chili samples, an elaborate Santa House, with Santa in residence from 12-4 in the afternoons, and tiny carosel ride for little ones, etc. (and of course, thousands of trees, all kinds, all sizes).

So yesterday, I slipped in during a lull and sat on Santa's lap and asked for a working furnace for Christmas. (mine stopped heating March 4 last spring - I keep meaning to crawl down there and look at it - prolly something simple...ignitor, blower, etc., but I keep putting it off, other than having checked out a bunch of fix-it-yourself books on major appliances from the library. We've been heating with the woodstove, and the kitchen oven- with lots of baking - which has been fine for the cold nights)

Well, today, "Gary" called, and said Santa told him I needed help - and he's coming to Dx the furnace on tuesday - no charge! Well, heck - if he's not Santa, then it's got a hotline to the real deal! OMG!!

2. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

That wasn't santa it was God!! Wonderful News :)

3. frazzlehead

frazzlehead AppleJackCreek Supporter

That's so cool!

Hope you get warmed up real quick!

4. jen74145

jen74145 Well-Known Member Supporter

How cool is that?
    I hope you have a yummy plate of cookies awaiting your helper! That is one nifty Saint Nick.

5. omnicat

DD (9) practically fainted. She's been complaining about "Why can't we be a normal family?" as in have a house that's warm all the time.

I didn't look at it in March because I had lost my job two days prior (How's that for timing?) And delayed taking a peek recently, because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to fix it (...like waiting until it's 10 degrees out will make it cheaper to fix if I can't fix it? Well, I never claimed to be sensible all the time...)

I'll have to check my milk & cookie supply for Tuesday...

6. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

7. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

Yea for Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Is it not a magical time of yr?....Hope it can be fixed quick and easy and that "Santa" and his 'helper" are blessed somewhere down the line....Queen Bee-- who loves Christmas///

8. pasotami

pasotami Hangin out at the barn!

I hope that Santa can make your home warm and toasty for this winter. Some folks really understand what Christmas is all about - so give thanks girlfriend and give Santa a hot cup of Coco with those cookies!

9. Reptyle

Reptyle Well-Known Member

How come God was dressed as Santa Clause? Isn't he known well enough by now?

10. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

That's awesome! How cool!!!! :dance:

11. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

I had a similar experience last night. A total stranger emailed me from another homesteaders group and offerred to bring me insulation, skirting, ductwork, and an oil tank for my home-all the way to Susquehanna from Philadelphia-for free. He asked no compensation at all, just offerred me whatever I need to make my home warm and safe. God has truly blessed me this week.

12. Ninn

I nearly forgot--our own Stan, of our HT family, has offerred his assistance and materials as well. (sorry-wrapped up in baby troubles, nearly forgot to mention Stan's wonderful offer). I have been doubly blessed today.

13. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Well-Known Member

How wonderful is that? What a true blessing. I've never been in a situation like yours but I hope that if I ever were, someone would help me out like you have been helped. And until then, I will look for situations where I can help others. What an inspiration. :)

14. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Ninn - I was reading of your heating problems, I'm glad some people are around to help you out.

Angie

15. omnicat

Wow, Ninn! That's jaw-dropping amazing.

16. Ninn

I must agree. I have truly been blessed this year. First by the things in my life that forced me to move and pare down my possessions. Then by the idea that simplifying my life was the way to go. Then by finding this group. Every challenge has blessed my family somehow. Now my "radical ideas" are rubbing off on the rest of my family. Changes is a-comin, maam. They sho is.