Olive leaf extract?

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by Randy Rooster, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Randy Rooster

Randy Rooster Well-Known Member Supporter

I know some folk who swear by it. Does anyone here use it?

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    What is it used for?

3. wildhorse

wildhorse Well-Known Member

Ive not used it but I have had people tell me it helps with colds/flu and respiratory bugs. :shrug:

4. Randy Rooster

Randy Rooster Well-Known Member Supporter

It is supposed to fight off germs- I am not sure how.

5. Marilyn in CO

Marilyn in CO Well-Known Member

I haven't used it myself, but my big ol' reference book says that it's properties are: antibacterial, antidiabetic, antifungal, antioxidant, antiviral, astringent, diuretic, hypoglycemic, hypotensive and vasodilator. Systems affected are: arteries, heart, immune system, liver, nerves Ailments and conditions it can be used for:Angina, arteriosclerosis(atherosclerosis, hardening of the arteries), bladder infection, bladder problems(general), blood pressure(high), chicken pox, circulation(poor), cold sores (fever blisters), colds(antiviral), colds(general remedy for), contagious diseases, diabetes(type II), epstein barr virus(chronic fatigue syndrom CFS), fungal infections (yeast infections, Candida albicans), heart (to strengthen), Herpes, Immune deficiency, infection (viral).

6. Lannie

Lannie Well-Known Member

I use it, and I swear by it. Good stuff. My observation is it mainly targets sinuses, but it does work systemically. I'm on the last phases of getting rid of systemic candidiasis right now, and at the moment I'm "testing" myself by not taking any antifungals at all for a while. So far, I'm OK, and haven't relapsed, so I think I'm winning the war.

I buy the powdered olive leaf in bulk and stuff my own empty vegetable capsules (much cheaper than buying them already stuffed and this way I know exactly what's in the capsules). It's not a good idea to take it for an extended period of time because anything (bacteria, virus, fungus) can learn to build up a tolerance to it, so I rotate the olive leaf with others (chaparral, oregano oil, pau d'arco, etc.), using each one for about a month at a time, then switching.

~Lannie

7. Jaclynne

Jaclynne Well-Known Member Supporter

I use olive leaf extract as an antiviral. I take it for colds and I used to take it for cold sores that were a recurring problems but after a couple go-rounds with the olive leaf I've never had another outbreak of cold sores! That's been 2 years ago.

Lannie - where do you get the bulk? I'm still buying the very expensive capped.

Halo

8. Lannie

Lannie Well-Known Member

The only place I've found that I can get it already powdered is Stony Mountain Botanicals ( www.wildroots.com ). A pound is $7.20 I think, for regular, and if you want organic, it's more. I just get the regular. A pound makes a LOT of capsules! :)

Click on their "bulk herbs" section and then follow your nose to the olive leaf.

~Lannie