older milker wanted in Wy

Discussion in 'Goats' started by bluefish, Jun 1, 2006.

1. bluefish

bluefish Wait................what?

By any chance does anyone have an older milker that they would like to part with in the Big Horn Basin area of Wyoming? I have some wethers already but would like to try goat milk. I'd like an older doe so at least one of us has an idea of what we're doing. I'd also love to have someone show me how to milk.
    Thanks!

Kathryne

2. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

I live in Montana, not Wyoming, but if you want to drive up here, I have a 2 year old doe who would be a good milker for a family or individual who just needs a little milk daily. She has a faulty gland in one half of her udder and does not produce on that side, but gives quite a bit on her good side. She's a purebred Nubian out of good bloodlines, and the trait doesn't seem heriditary. so she could give you nice doelings. I'll sell her with papers cheap to a good home. She's trained to the milk stand and is easy to milk.

3. bluefish

Where in Montana? and what kind of price?

4. goatedintoit

goatedintoit Truly Gems ADGA Nubians

Hello Kathryne,

I'm in Powell Wyoming. There are two excellent breeders in the Cody area. SAADA and LH Mountain Vista. Anyone in the Nubian world drools over SAADA lines. They are highly respected. LH Mounatin Vista started with SAADA, Goldthwaite, Cooper-Hill lines. They are excellent as well.

You can find SAADA info at SAADA.COM. LH Mountain Vista is at http://www.tribcsp.com/~mahenry/.

I got my does from LH this year and am very pleased.

Let us know what you end up with.

5. bluefish

Thanks for the info. Nice to know there is something local. However, I'd like to start with something a little cheaper. I'm kind of testing the water and I don't want to spend lots and then find out I don't like or don't have the time for milking. If it pans out, then I would be willing to spend the money on quality lines. I don't want a cull, but it doesn't have to be purebred either.