Older DR brush mower

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by bhowle, Sep 23, 2006.

1. bhowle

bhowle Active Member

I have an older DR brush mower that uses a V belt to drive the blade. I hadn't used this in years and it started right up, but the V belt keeps jumping off of the blade pulley.

Anyone have an easy solition for this problen?

Thanks,

Bob

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Either your missing a belt fence; a tensioner is froze from not moving; or the belt is very stretched. There is belt dressing available at auto part store, which may or may not help.

3. bhowle

bhowle Active Member

Thanks, moopups. After fifteen years with the DR mower I guess I'll breakdown and go to thw NAPA store and buy a new belt. The DR has been a good mower for me - I use it when the weeds and small trees are too much for a lawn mower, but when I don't want to hire a guy with a Bush Hog. I just had a new piece of land brushe hogged last week and hope I can get the DR going to keep it clear and catch some of the small stuff that the brush hog missed.

-bob

4. tallpaul

tallpaul Well-Known Member

ya gotta watch those cheaper belts sometimes. Some belts are just not built to last depending on the applications. If ya can find out who makes the belt for you oem and get the generic line it can help on price but some belts are made for the company so you have to go through them or modify the tool. I have two friends with those DR's they tend to like em till they get a tractor and a brush hog :D