old vitamix any info or advise

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Hi everyone I just purchased a vitamix, although the person selling it said it was a vitamatic 500..... Does anyone have any info on the really old vitamixes and is there a site for instruction and uses. Thanks, Heidi

2. I got one lat summer,too. I went to ebay and found a guy selling copies of the old instructional video. Well worth the money.
    Tana Mc

3. SwampMom

SwampMom Member

Vitamix does have a website. Should find answers to most questions there.
    www.vitamix.com

If not, give a shout. LOVE my Vitamix!

4. frontiergal

frontiergal Well-Known Member

swampmom I went to the vitamix site but no info on older models. This model I bought was sold on ebay and was called a vitamatic 500....... now, I was worried for a bit if this was a vitamix but then found another one on the web that looked the same and was a vitamix. What do you use your vitamix for. I look forward to grinding grains and making homemade bread. I am looking for a rye bread recipe without white flour in it. But what other uses are vitamixes great for?

5. SwampMom

SwampMom Member

What can you do with a Vitamix? Whew! Grind grain, mix and knead dough, cook soup, make ice cream, juice just about anything (including banana), puree tomatoes for sauce, shred cabbage for slaw, crush ice and I could go on but I'm supposed to be working!

I'll check my cookbook when I get home and see if I can find that recipe for you. To make the most of your vitamix, you really need the book or the video.

If you would like, I'll see if my old video is still collecting dust at my house.
    Everything else is.

6. frontiergal

frontiergal Well-Known Member

Ok went on a book search and found this
    Vita-mix Corporation Whole Grains Booklet. Would this be an instructional booklet on how to use the vitamix also?
    Thanks,Heidi