Old soap site

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians, Jan 3, 2005.

1. elly_may

elly_may Well-Known Member

Great site, that's a keeper in my 'Favorites'. Thanks for finding and sharing, Vicki.

2. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

I am going to use the Windsor Essenital Oil mixture in a batch of soap, it sounds wonderful. Vicki

3. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

Just saw this!! Thanks Vicki!! how facinating to see the history of an item most of us take for granted.. and that Windsor soap.. I can smell it now.. :D

4. Baaa

Baaa Active Member

THANKS Vicki !! I love the information ! I hope to get around to try making soap this year. I am a little squimish about that Lye stuff tho. Baaa

5. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

I started with the small containers of lye from Lowe's, and now get my lye in 50 pound bags...I am very careful with it, it stays in rubbermaid behind a locked door in the pantry.

Just always follow the same exact procedure, get your scale out, your liquid measured and in the sink in your container, your container out that you will put your lye into, then dawn your gloves and goggels and go get your lye, measure it, always put it back, then dissolve your lye....remember after that step it can set in the sink until you get everything else ready, even covered after it cools down until the next day! I use a stick blender so no splashes but if you use a mixer you want to also wear long sleeves. It's when you are rushed or have folks watching you that you make mistakes! Soaping is great fun. Vicki