Old "friends" arrived yesterday by mail!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Ardie/WI, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

The Jung's Seed Catalog arrived! I've been getting one for over forty years and it sure seems like an old pal!

Also the Johnny's Seed catalog came too! Seeing those catalogs gives me hope that Spring will indeed happen again!

2. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

I also received the Jungs's catalog, and Totally Tomatoes. Have my order ready for my tomato seeds. I love red and yellow pear tomatoes. I really enjoy looking at the catalogs as well, lots of dreams of how I would love to have my garden look, but it is never like I visualize it. They are selling all of 2005 seeds 1/2 price now at the feed store as well, so am stocking up a little each pay day.

3. Paquebot

Paquebot Well-Known Member

It's no doubt that I've seen over 40 years of Jung's catalogs as well. I know for certain that we had Jung's vegetables in the first rented garden in 1965 and they were mail orde. However, I also know that I haven't ordered a single seed or plant from them in probably 25 years. Didn't have to order anything as I worked within a mile of their original Madison outlet store for many years.

I see that the trial packets will be a salad blend lettuce mix and blue annual flax. They won't be nearly as popular as some from the past few years but I should have plenty on hand in just over two weeks. Then we'll begin the fun of my 5th annual seed offer here.

Martin

4. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh yipee! I sent off for both the Johnny's and the Jung catalogs. Perhaps that means that mine will be along very soon. I think it will take a day or two longer as I am in MO. Yay! something to look forward to!
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

5. boolandk

boolandk Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to contact Jung's for another catalog as I'm already wearing mine out!! Every year I try to grow some unique type of fruit or veggie just to try them. This year I'm looking at the Cheddar Hybrid Cauliflower and Purple Haze Hybrid carrot (page 3). We live only about 40 minutes from a Jung's store so I usually shop in person. Love the place...

6. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

I do not need more seeds, I will not order more seeds, I will not even LOOK at a catalog, I will stay off the seed companies' sites, I will not drool over new seed offers..... Help me out here folks, I am trying to make a new years resolution or something. LOL I really don't NEED more seeds, but oh what temptation it is! :grit:

7. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

It came, it came! I got my Johnny's in the mail today. It is allready all marked up with my "wish list". I can't wait to get my Jung's in the mail so I can compare prices and product! Now I just gotta figure out where to put everything. LOL!
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie