Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 14 year old cat named Sammy. Very lovable and could be petted all day. Lately he has purposely came in the house instead of outside to potty. All the time. Like for the last couple weeks. Why is he doing this? It is warm outside. So obviously it has to get cleaned up I notice blood streaks all in the poop. My first thought is worms but I really have no clue. Why would there be blood streaks? Could this have anything to do with him going potty inside? Last night I noticed his paw was swollen and the pad was full and swollen looked like a pimple about to pop only way huger. It does not hurt him to walk on or be touched. Could all this be tied in? What's wrong with his foot? If anyone could help me in any area I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
Call your vet. Blood in the stool can be from several possibilities, none of them good. My guess is that he hurt his foot, his body is trying to heal it, but his liver isn't up to the task.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Could be worms, coccidia, a hairball passing through, and on and on. Are the stools normally formed or are they loose? It's not uncommon for loose stools to have some blood on them. But loose stools are normal for a cat, so he needs to be looked at either way.

The paw is probably an injury, maybe a cat bite? Have the vet look at it when you take him in for the bloody stools.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts