Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to drive within five miles or so of Bill's place today so I drove by to see him. Found him working hard as usual. He has a garden tractor of a kind I've never seen, A PANZER. Neat machine-no telling when that thing was made.
Bill cranked it up and ran it for me---darn thing takes off like an ATV. If he put it in third gear he could probably run down a rabbit.

He's got a green thumb, too. His tomato plants and peppers looked good--I came away with a sack of tomatoes, including a couple of handfuls of yellow pears, in my opinion the best-tasting of the salad tomatoes.

Thanks, Bill
Ox

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
I'd like to see that Panzer... What Model Bil?/ I've worked on a couple of them years ago.. Real nice heavy no frills garden tractors... Wish they still made stuff like those...

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts
Bill cranked it up and ran it for me---darn thing takes off like an ATV. If he put it in third gear he could probably run down a rabbit...Ox
Oh darn! You're giving him ideas!

Mon

Reactions: light rain

·
Premium Member
25,228 Posts
They told me that it will go 10 mph. Havnt had it on the road yet, and likely wont, Its a 3 wheeler made round 57.

Elkie, Im gonna post alotta pics I just got in my albums, I been saving just for you, as you said you liked to see them,. They'll be on HQ

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wreck; that's it---according to the articles I could find on the net that is one of the earliest models made, 300 of them in the first run.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Go to U Tubes, and type in Panzer tractor plowing. Theres a place where they had only Panzers out in a field plowing.
They kinda remind me of a little mini dozer dragging a ripper. They don't wanna let anything stop them....

I've never seen one of the three wheel ones.. Now that's even cooler lookin..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts