Oklahoma snowman population explosion

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Oggie, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Oggie

Oggie Waste of bandwidth Supporter

I predict the birth of thousands of snowmen (snow people?) across the state of Oklahoma today. School is out and there is a rare blanket of snow, 6-9 inches, covering the state.

My regret is that I am stuck at work and can't be out propagatin' with my home-bound family.

I drove 25 miles to get to work before sunrise. It was wondrous, but a few of the drivers were scary.

2. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

Uhoh the ACLU is gonna be busy protesting all those non abortions!

3. zealot

zealot Soli Deo Gloria

Up north in some places, snowmen are an invasive species.

4. Oggie

Oggie Waste of bandwidth Supporter

Here, they are usually quickly turned into soup.

5. Anita

Anita Well-Known Member

I am not out building a snowman but I would like to comment on how beautiful the snow is. Of course, I am retired and I didn't have to drive to work in it. When my children were here for Thanksgiving I told them I would love to see it snow like it used to in NE Okla. when I was a child. I got my wish. Who knows maybe I will produce a snowman.

6. Show-Me-Stater

Show-Me-Stater Well-Known Member

me and the 12yo DD tried in vain this morning to build a snowman, just tooo darn cold & snow doesn't pack worth a hoot. Sunny & blue skies all day though, so maybe by this afternoon...

7. drgnldy71

drgnldy71 Serene Dragon Farm

It's packing great down here :) Kids had 2 done by the time we were finished feeding & breaking ice. It'll be interesteding to see what's left by the time I get home from work now. Nice thing about snow around here is you can usually make it in to work by 10:00 or so if it isn't coming down anymore. Some people just can't understand why there orders arn't taken care of even when have the places in town are closed. Sigh......
    Oh well, tomorrow's the weekend. Yippee!!!