Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever gotten to wondering what the username folks use stands for?
I mean some seem to be obvious - name of a homestead, name of a person.
But some really set me wondering....
Like countrygrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl - why the thing about R's?

and Moopups - cows and puppies? UPS operation in Missouri?

Redneck woman - before or after the song?

I have to admit I wonder.

I'm just boring old initials from my old Computer Science days in college (when line printers were earpiercing and monitors just scrolled.......)
:eek:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good question! I wonder about some of the names as well.

Mine is pretty easy - for as long as I can remember, I've been fascinated with Hummingbirds. I have 4 or 5 feeders out at my house. My soap and lotion home business is called "Hummingbird Handicrafts". That and I don't sit still for too long and tend to talk at about the same speed as Hummingbirds fly (too much coffee!). So that's it for me!

Nance
H'bird

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
or how about stand watie, sisterpine, or dances in woods?
C'mon folks, what's it all about?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have always loved reading the names that people give to themselves online. As a kid I used to wonder what kind of names folks would have if we were allowed to name ourselves.

Jynxt has been my nickname since I was a teenager. I had a summer at age 14 when I had both of my knees in braces and played softball on crutches. It just stuck, no matter what I did I couldn't get rid of the nickname so I embraced it. It's now a family giggle when something goes wrong....Jynxt did it..LOL.

Take care

·
Just living Life
8,280 Posts
Cyngbaeld, I missed that one.

Bergere - One of my two Middle names, means Shepherdess in French.
Name fit me,, as a child, always had animals following me home.

Have been around since the old list.. though wayyyy back then, I did not post much.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Mine refers to how close I am to getting what I want. But sometimes I think its always going to be "almost" and not quite there, LOL.

·
Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs
3,736 Posts
Morrison Corner: name of the family farm in Mansfield VT, The Farm at Morrison Corner.

I save the originality for the sheep. Hettle and Hamish are going to breed this year... I already know the offspring is Bobbin...

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
I bought my first computer for the bookstore I had at the time...Nevermore Bookstore. I wanted LostLenore, but it was already taken at Yahoo so I had to play around with names and came up with Ravenlost (are you catching the Poe theme here?). Ravenlost stuck...big time. I use the same name everywhere I go online.

·
Registered
245 Posts
dla said:
or how about stand watie, sisterpine, or dances in woods?
C'mon folks, what's it all about?
LOL...Well, I love the movie Dances with wolves, so I changed it around a little to suit my personality. We live waaay out in the woods and I dance when nobodys looking so I came up with Dances in Woods.Double meaning there.

Although....with my kinda cranky foot I should call myself "Limping In woods" :p

·
Big Bird
2,173 Posts
Our last name is Day and we raise birds. First joined with this name for my wife to use. My name online is usually TurkeyBob. She rarely posts anything so I haven't joined myself. I may in the future.

·
Registered
711 Posts
'designer' That's my job. I'm a textile designer at karastan rug mill, part of Mohawk Ind. I had to have something I could remember.

·
Registered
416 Posts
From a book featuring Ma and Pa Kettle that was poplular long, long, long ago. Also characters in a movie taken from the book. Old folks living out in the country, self sufficient and eccentric. I FEEL like Ma K as I hobble about taking care of the place.

·
SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!
570 Posts
Deberosa is the name of my homestead. My name is Debbie. Had a construction guy claim my place was the Deberosa and I liked it (like Ponderosa with Deb). Did a google search and No-one has ever thought of this word.

Now if Little Joe would come riding through the gate one of these days... :haha:

1 - 20 of 164 Posts