Okay, Peach Tree Experts...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by chickflick, May 17, 2004.

1. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

What on earth is wrong with my stupid peach tree? It make peaches every year, they get about the size of a good healthy walnut, then poof.... (I thought the horses were getting to them, but I made SURE last year)

I also see now, THIS year a little bit of red spotting on a few leaves and some paleness on those w/spots.

I WANT PEACHES.. should I spray something on it.. (I hate chemicals.. BUT.. oh well)

2. Bluebonnet

Bluebonnet Active Member

chickflick, I'm surprised nobody has responded and sorry it took me so long. I am not a peach tree expert but maybe can offer you a few places to look for help. I'll just list my ideas.
    1. Your county extension agent
    2. The gardening forum on this board
    3. Anything written by "The Dirt Doctor", Garrett is his last name I think. He writes on gardening in TX.
    4. Try the web site called garden web. There are lots and lots of folks there that are very into gardening.

Good luck and happy peach eating to you.

3. BeckyW

BeckyW Well-Known Member

Sounds like peach curl. Nothing you can do this year. you've got to spray the tree with oil when it is dormant next winter.

4. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

BeckyW means for you to spray your fruit trees with a "Dormant Oil Spray" that you can buy from your local nursery or mail order it from Starks and the like.

I thought I'd throw that in so that you didn't think you could use motor oil.