Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my cast-iron tub reglazed and it looks so smooth and white and pretty!

I think it was last done in the '60s, with something like automotive paint, and was a horrible, chipped, ugly mess that just would not clean up right.

Tonight I'm going to take a long, hot bath just for the fun of it. Hooray!

Anyone else celebrating over something that's finally clean and beautiful?

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I love cast iron tubs. They keep the water hot for such a long time. Throw in some scented oil, light a few candles, make some hot tea and enjoy a nice, long, soak.:cute:

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
I am celebrating every time I finish painting a room in our house. So far I have done the downstairs bath and hall from the garage. Hubby made the comment last night that the new paint really made the scratches and dirt (dogs) on the unpainted walls obvious. I told him it was already obvious to me!

I'm hoping to have even more to celebrate before Christmas. When I get the entire house painted maybe hubby will notice how worn out and shabby the furniture is and decide we need new stuff.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes please post a pic. I have a claw footed tub that is original to our home and I want it redone sooo bad (I cant get it out of the bathroom doorway its too big!)

·
My kids have hooves
2,227 Posts
I'd love to see a picture, too!

We have a clawfoot tub with a pristine original surface in our barn that we got from a friend for free. Still trying to decide if the winder stairs in our 1843 house will support the weight or if we'll need to find another way to get it up to the 2nd floor.

Anyway, congratulations! :banana02:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was given an iron bedstead that I loved.They had it sandblasted and automotive painted so it wouldn't chip.When we downsized I gave it back to them.It was the hardest thing I've done.It was so beautiful and sturdy.It belonged to my grandmother at one point.I miss it.

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No pictures - DH says no, he has to regrout all the tile first. But picture in your mind a perfectly clean bathtub, no chips or rust stains or scratches, just radiating a gleaming pearly white glow.

The things that make me happy!:happy:

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
If more people took time to celebrate the small (and reglazing a tub in NOT small) things in life...just think how happy we'd all be!

Congratulations on the gleaming lovely tub! You need to put out some candles, and take a lovely long bubbly bath in it!

I think I'm going to go celebrate waking up this morning!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have an old claw foot iron tub that was in my old house. I've held onto it for nearly 20 years now, hoping to get it reglazed and installed in my present house. But the cost is not in my budget, and looks like it never will be. Gosh , how I loved that tub, and hate the Modern new hard rectangle tubs. I get a crick in my neck when I try to lay back and soak. Nope, no gently sloped back in the new tubs.

·
Registered
442 Posts
My neighbor has a 6' long cast iron claw footed bath tub in the corral. He is using it as a water trough for the cattle!! It breaks my heart.

I think I will see if I can make a trade somehow. :D

tinda :lookout:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts