Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday went and got some Fishing Tackle.Before we went I called and asked my FIL if he needed anything.He didn't.

I told my DW you know I'm always watching out for your parents,and taking them into consideration on alot of things.Plus I try to treat you awful good. :shrug: I wonder why your DM never sees this? DW says oh she does but its just her nature to be mean.

To me this just don't make sence,I mean most people if you go out of your way to help them they show their appreciation,not cuss you and put you down.

big rockpile

·
STILL not Alice
19,808 Posts
big rockpile said:
Yesterday went and got some Fishing Tackle.Before we went I called and asked my FIL if he needed anything.He didn't.

I told my DW you know I'm always watching out for your parents,and taking them into consideration on alot of things.Plus I try to treat you awful good. :shrug: I wonder why your DM never sees this? DW says oh she does but its just her nature to be mean.

To me this just don't make sence,I mean most people if you go out of your way to help them they show their appreciation,not cuss you and put you down.

big rockpile

Rocky, you know she's a snake, and she's always acted like one. At least you know what you're up against. To expect her to behave differently is like wanting a tiger to change its stripes: It jes' ain't gonna happen.

You could do a couple of things, though.

Stop being so nice. Not saying you should be mean, but if you're expecting her to be nice back, you're only beating your head against the wall. Also, maybe she's sees you as a pushover because you ARE nice. Some people just don't get it unless you have a very firm boundary established.

Or you can just remind yourself that you are being nice to make YOU feel good, not her.

I do sympathize. There are some poisonous people in my life, and I just had to learn to keep them at arm's length. Of course, that arm is a good 20 miles long... :rolleyes:

Pony!

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pony well I know in the last 25 years she has started her stuff and a couple times I told her off real good.Then she went out of her way to be nice for awhile.

I know I can't Jack Slap her but some times I would love to.Her MIL was the same way to her :shrug:

big rockpile

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
Quote: "Ok Why Does MIL Do This?"

Because some MILs appear to believe that being mean and spiteful is part of the job description.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts