ok stupid questions

Discussion in 'Goats' started by daytrader, Apr 6, 2006.

1. daytrader

daytrader Well-Known Member

Got the goat for the wife. I have had goats before, BUT NEVER NOTICED.

Do goats have top teeth?

This little girl has no top teeth. Is that normal? She is still real young but growing FAST as heck. If I was raising meat goats and they grew this fast I would be rich.

2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

LOL, welcome once again to the goat world!

In all honesty, I have 2 goats out there and I really don't think they have top teeth, I am forced now to go out and check. LOL! :D I'm thinking that as they are ruminents, that they don't.

If you have only one however, you really should get another, they really need company as they are herd animals. I had one for a few months, poor guy, and he was desperately lonely! He's a happy camper now! :sing:

P.S. meat goats are good business, depending where you live.

3. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

Okay, I just dashed out and checked...definately no top teeth in my goats!!!! LOL...the things we do.....

4. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

Goats do not have top teeth in front. They do have both top and bottom teeth in the back and they are very sharp, so if you ever have to put a finger in there, be careful. Goats really do better with another goat for a companion. This is your opportunity to get a meat breeding doe for yourself.

5. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

LOL Reminds of a story I read recently, (Harrowsmith?) about a young fellow went to work on a sheep farm in Australia. The old-timers told him to go out to the truck and throw off any sheep that didn't have top teeth. He came back in after a while, and complained that none of them had top teeth! The old-timers looked at one another and one said "Forty-two, I think that's a record." :bouncy:

Not laughing at you, Daytrader, just thought you might like to know you're not the only one. ;)

6. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Cute pookshollow! No, goats don't have any top teeth. Well, at least ours don't. They really do need company though. Good luck with her. Bye.

7. daytrader

daytrader Well-Known Member

Waiting on the sheep to give her company. I am also looking to buy a billy. I like billy goats. Any one around me have one for sell!