bag of wads
some red dot powder
all the bushings for different load sizes
I only used this a few times

I can get the above for $25.00

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
If you are a recreational or competitive shotgun shooter, it May be worth it if you shoot enough. If you are looking for another hobby to give you something to do over the winter then yes reloading might be interesting for you.

If you just use your shotgun for occasional hunting and for self-defense then it may not be worth it. In that case the reloading gear is just more stuff to take up space in your garage.

Only the high volume recreational and/or competitive shot gunners at my club still reload anymore because it is just not cost effective in many cases. You can get a box of ammo from Walmart for a few dollars that works well for busting clays at the range, home self-defense, and some hunting as well.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
12 Gauge reloader
about 12 lbs of shot
bag of wads
some red dot powder
all the bushings for different load sizes
I only used this a few times

I can get the above for $25.00
I wouldn't let my shirt tail hit my butt til I grabbed that! yer not gone yet?:sing:

·
Registered
757 Posts
With uncertainty as to what the new administration will try regarding gun control and with speculation leaning towards the implementation of excise taxes that will make ammunition cost prohibitive, I would have the means to "roll my own" on hand. I have the ability to reload shotgun, rifle and pistol at this time and am purchasing components to meet my needs.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Its a bargain. the least expensive shotshell loader on the market cost more than that without the supplies and accessaries

·
NJ Rich
1,239 Posts
Buy it............!!

I don't know how much Red Dot Powder there is but even without that it is a good deal.

I found some old reloads I made back in the early 70's and they all worked fine.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Most powder nowadays is at least 22$/lb...

I don't do shotgun shells, but at that price, I'd put it in the reloading area of my cupboard, and have it there just in case.

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most powder nowadays is at least 22$/lb...

I don't do shotgun shells, but at that price, I'd put it in the reloading area of my cupboard, and have it there just in case.
That's my plan. Well, I'll probably reload a few just to get the experience... then it's stash time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Any reloading equipment and especially powder should be carefully inspected by a long time and experienced re-loader.......If you would send me that address I will gladly look it over as to condition.................:buds:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts