Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my wife went got Cord and Half of wood.Ground and Sliced 12 pounds of Deer meat for Jerky and Summer Sausage.Got Crappie for Supper.

Oh Blessings of the Ozarks :dance:

big rockpile

·
Registered
96 Posts
I tell you how it can get better. You can do like I am tonight. I took me some of my thin sliced deer steaks. Marinated them in Stubb's beef marinade for the last 24 hours. Then took them and cut them into 6 inch long by 1/4 inch wide strips, rolled them in bacon, and now grilling them over some good hot pecan wood coals. I wish I could add smell to my post, because they are smelling incredible.

·
Premium Member
42,744 Posts
I tell you how it can get better. You can do like I am tonight. I took me some of my thin sliced deer steaks. Marinated them in Stubb's beef marinade for the last 24 hours. Then took them and cut them into 6 inch long by 1/4 inch wide strips, rolled them in bacon, and now grilling them over some good hot pecan wood coals. I wish I could add smell to my post, because they are smelling incredible.
You dont have to add smell to your post, I can smell them steaks already! MMMMMMM!!!

·
Premium Member
42,744 Posts
Me and my wife went got Cord and Half of wood.Ground and Sliced 12 pounds of Deer meat for Jerky and Summer Sausage.Got Crappie for Supper.

Oh Blessings of the Ozarks :dance:

big rockpile
Well now, just a few miles east of the ozarks, theys a lil place called heaven (on the maps they get confused and call it Kentucky), and I happen to have been lucky enough to find a peice of it for myself. I dont need to cut no firewood, coz I have a lil natural gas well down in the field that pushes the gas right up to my cabin. Gots me a creek full of fisheys that jump right up into my pan, and the purtiest wife a man could want and a full jug to boot. It may not be perfect here, but its close!!! ;)

Ok, the fisheys jumpin into the pan thing may be stretchin things a bit but the rest of its all just how it is.

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
The full jug was the only thing I would add to the original post,(was beaten to it though) otherwise...Ozarks be blessed for sure! Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts
I was thinking how nice it would be to own your own gas well, and free heat. BUT--then I got to thinking how good it feels to back up to wood heat-and get your bones warm--naw, I'll keep my fire. (I do have a gas furnace that never comes on)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts