Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I got a Daneker spinning wheel... Yes, I know about their reputation and I don't expect much out of it, However, this one is in perfect condition, about 50ish yrs old, but still new, even still has the tag! Only the drive string was missing. If it's only good for decoration, I still love it. I am going to try to use it though!

The cute little old lady I bought it from said she used it to take a spinning class, and then stopped because the kids came along.... and we know how that goes. So she's kept it all these years but was moving to be closer to her kids and needed to sell it. I got it for $65 and couldn't be happier! :happy:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I had seen the post on Ravelry and did some research before I purchased. So, there is always hope of making it work! I'll try before I make any modifications first... just to see how it goes. If I don't have to do anything and it works, then I think that's the way to go. Even though it is a repro, I still see some value in it just because of it's pristine condition.

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
Happy new wheel day!!! Welcome to The Fold too :). I know nothing about the wheel or its reputation so I will not pass judgment, she is beautiful!

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
I don’t know anything about it either. But, if you persevere and enjoy spinning, you will feel better about dropping bigger bucks on a better wheel. You’ll then have a wonderful wheel and a spare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts