Ok I Don't Mean To Be This Way

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by big rockpile, Aug 11, 2017.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Ok right now I can't do anything. Have several Projects done before Cold weather. Got two just started on. Our Son is to help. We have found he is not Good at finishing things, my wife is bad about doing them by herself, even though they are two person Jobs.

Now her Car is getting a bunch of miles on it. She was wanting to drive my Pickup down to our Sons Bingo Hall twice a week. 70 miles one way. I told her no because it is just too many miles and we don't get paid for working but if her Car quits we are going to have to replace this one. She says she don't want Pickup because it uses too much Gas. She is wanting a Medium SUV.

With my Pickup now I can't drive it. I'm Physically and because of Medication unable to drive it. If I want to Hunt or fish I need someone to take me.

So if I want to go anywhere in it I have to have someone drive it. It bothers me if someone does something I don't like but most the time I don't say anything.

Ok most of this is just letting it go because there is nothing I can do but it is hard not to say anything. Keep quite and bite my tongue? Give Hints? Go ahead and let it all out?

big rockpile

2. kalmara

kalmara Well-Known Member

I think you need to talk to people :) have similar experience in the last few weeks. Friend has turned 75yrs & is no longer capable of driving & can't renew his driving licence because of his state of health. He lives 20ks from town. There is a voluntary group that has a van, for a gold coin donation, will pick him up & take him to town two days a week. His problem being that he is not mobile enough to do his shopping/visit health centre/etc. So he takes the van into town & I pick him up & take him to appointments/groceries/etc and drive him home. So my advice is say something, if people don't know, they can't be of help :)

3. haley1

haley1 Well-Known Member

Maybe time to tell your kid to stand on his own 2 feet and your can't help anymore.

RichNC and Alice In TX/MO like this.
  4. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Big Rockpile, there are some things you cannot change. I, too, have had to give up driving for weeks at a time. It bites. I am on different meds, now, so I am starting to drive again.

My recommendation to you is to start setting aside a car payment every month. Because, no matter what you do, sooner or later one of your vehicles will have to be replaced. As for the risk of a car breaking down, if you cannot drive then your son will have to pick up his Mom. If you start setting money aside now, it will be easy to use the saved money for a down payment and then give monthly payments for the vehicle instead of putting it in the bank.

If your wife wants to play Bingo twice a week, that is just life.

5. big rockpile

She has Road Service to get her home. I got it when I first started having trouble.

The other car is taken care of. Actually she already has two SUV's in sight. One in reality she owns, it is in her name but her Mom is still driving it. She is in her '80's and don't see well.

As far as playing my wife never plays Bingo she just works. She feels she is helping our Son even though we are the only ones that don't get paid.

big rockpile

6. gilberte

gilberte Well-Known Member Supporter

Do you really need two vehicles Rock? Cost quite a bit just to have one sitting in the yard what with registration, insurance, and all.

7. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

This is just a temporary set back. Rock will be OK soon.

BTW: Lots of rural people have more than one vehicle, myself included. Never know when you need a back up especially when you have to be someplace and your main vehicle doesn't start/work.

CajunSunshine likes this.
  8. big rockpile

Hope your right and yes it is nice to have two Vehicles have had 3.

big rockpile