Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The posts about Funny sayings and funny towns,how about funny church names?

Virgin Hill Baptist Church
Jump and Runn Baptist Church

·
Registered
48 Posts
My husbands church is called Faith Roundup which I guess is more cute than funny but I thought it would warrant a mention. Its a church more for the homesteader, cowboy, farmer, you get the idea. Its actually listed as a cowboy church and meets in rotation at members barns or the local auction house. Good idea for a post by the way... cute.

·
Registered
71 Posts
We were in Panama City Fl. and we saw a building with a sign that said "First Baptist Church" and next to that building was another building with a sign that said "The Bible Believing First Baptist Church" my husband and I laugh and said church split at the same time.

jackie

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Plug Run Chapel is just down the road.

G

·
As we were driving to a job one day, we drove by Mt Sinai church, one of the guys ask "what kind of church is that?" I said I think it was a Baptist church, he said I don't much think so, it must be a cult church. I ask him why he thought that, it turns out that, according to him, sinai (cyanide) is the gas used in gas chamber executions.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We were in Panama City Fl. and we saw a building with a sign that said "First Baptist Church" and next to that building was another building with a sign that said "The Bible Believing First Baptist Church" my husband and I laugh and said church split at the same time.

jackie
Its funny how many churches are the 1st wheres 2nd and 3rd?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
There's a Second Baptist in Roxabel. The town is just a tiny crossroads and it's the only church there.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
There's a church on a backroad in AR that we pass on our way to my in-laws. The name of the church is "Holy Church of the Disturbed Ghost".

We never stop in that town.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a Second Baptist in Roxabel. The town is just a tiny crossroads and it's the only church there.
Thats the 1st 2nd I have ever heard of.:rolleyes: Eddie

There's a church on a backroad in AR that we pass on our way to my in-laws. The name of the church is "Holy Church of the Disturbed Ghost".

We never stop in that town.
:nana:Think I would bypass that town all together. Eddie

·
Registered
293 Posts
Not the actual name of the church, but there is a lone church out in the middle of nowhere in IL that is pretty large and instead of a cross on the roof like most, it has a HUGE pale green neon cross on it.

We call it the "Church of the Neon Cross" :p

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
Cash Church of God.

No kidding, the founder's name is Cash.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The Flippin Church of God

Located in Flippin, AR.

You wouldn't believe how many people stop to take a picture of the sign.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
We lived in a town one time that had a 1st and 2nd Baptist church, however the 2nd Baptist was the older of the two church's.:confused:
bopeep

·
Registered
325 Posts
theres a 'Bright Morning Star Baptist Church' here.

The funny one is 'The Christian Church'.

ummm, yeah, cuz it wouldnt be a church unless it was 'christian'. It would be a synagoge or mosque or something.

Just a few months back there was an actual headline about a car wreck in Arkansas------first, you should know that Gassville is a town near Flippin Arkansas-----the headline said, "Gassville man hit by Flippin woman"!!!

·
Appalachian American
10,639 Posts
Two that come to mind:

Lizzie Bloomer Baptist Church, and

Be A Doer Church

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
When we lived in Tampa there was a drive-in church called the Discipleship Church. It was at a converted drive-in movie lot and the cars pulled up to the little posts with the speakers attached and hung them on their windows to hear the preaching. The pulpit was the front half of a pretty good sized boat (maybe a 40 footer) and there on the prow of the ship was where the preacher stood.

Lest you think this frivolous, keep in mind that Tampa was also frequently referred to as God's Waiting Room, since there was such a large population of elderly residents. The Discipleship Church was originally intended for people with limited mobility so that they could be helped into their car once and not have to go from car to wheelchair to pew to wheelchair to car. However, when we lived there, the last row was composed of those long spaces where people can and did drive in with their trailered boats or campers, listen to the service, and be on their merry way.

We never got the chance to attend, but I always thought it was kind of a neat idea for a church.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
well I dont know if I ever knew the real name of the church, but there was a church that started up (after a split) in a chicken house...YEAH a chicken house one of those LONG ones...just one end of it we always called it The Chicken House Church

1 - 20 of 27 Posts