Ok, here's a laugh for you

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by Oxankle, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Oxankle

Oxankle Well-Known Member

You all may as well have a laugh at me; I laughed at myself.

Made this deal with a kid for a pig off his sow. Asked a buddy about carrying it home and he gave me a burlap sack, no sweat.

Went over and the kid caught the pig and we put it in the sack. While I was tieing it she came out the bottom. Whoa!!!! I tied up the good end and the kid caught the pig. We stuffed it in thru the hole it tore in the sack and I put it in the cab of my truck while I paid the kid.

Looked up to see the kid running to roll up the window of my truck as the pig stood on the seat with its head out the window.

I got in and shoved the pig onto the floor on the passenger side, but she was having none of that. Onto the seat, trying to jump out the back window--
    Once she learned about glass she just sat there looking at me and finally laid her head on my lap and relaxed.

Got her home, carried her back to her pen under my arm and locked her in. Tossed in some corn. Last I saw of her tonite she was rooting for the corn on the ground and eating a melon I had tossed in.

Wife came out to the truck and looked in when I arrived; "Well, this is not nearly as bad as I imagined". Damn I hope this does not become a pet.
    Ox

2. Ronney

Ronney Well-Known Member

Sounds like it might Ox :)

Cheers,
    Ronnie

3. Caren

Caren Well-Known Member Supporter

Ox just wait until you itch her back for her and she does a little dance! I love pigs they have so much personality so do Turkeys and goats. I have to ask why did you get only one pig they have to have a buddy.

CAren

4. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

hehe... this gave me a chuckle... the mental image was precious!!! thanks!

Kaza

5. Oxankle

Oxankle Well-Known Member

Caren:

I thought of that too, but the kid only raised 5 of a litter of 11 and said all the remainder were spoken for.

I may just have to go to the sale next Tuesday and pick up another. I'll have a good sack for this one.
    Ox

6. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Thanks for the laugh, I'm at school right now so I REALLY needed one!

7. turtlehead

turtlehead Well-Known Member

She's a pet. ;)

8. Wisconsin Lisa

Wisconsin Lisa Active Member

Do not name this pig! She'll be with you forever if you do. We will name ours but they're always the same two names. Hambone and Porkchop. It keeps things in perspective.

9. John Schneider

John Schneider Well-Known Member

Ox, too funny. Sounds like you have a little buddy there. Don't worry about the one pig thing, they do fine by themselves especially if you take them for walks, let them sleep in your room, teach them to fetch etc. !!!LOL

You might have to get another just so you have something for your freezer!

10. trappmountain

trappmountain Well-Known Member

OK just so you don't feel so bad! I have a potbelly. Bought for a pet. My daughter bought it with her winnings from the school talent show last year. My husband has fallen in LOVE.

He works on his equipment on Sundays in the big Garage we put up last year. He goes out every Sunday morning and gets the pig takes it to the garage with him and I take breakfast up for him and the pig to the garage every Sunday morning. I cook eggs and buttermilk biscuits and fresh fruit for the pig and husband gets bacon with his. They sit down in the garage and eat their breakfast together. Anything hubby doesn't finish the pig gets. And the pig also gets to go in the trucks with us on rides alot. He sits beside me on the front seat. What looks we get sometimes while riding down the road!

It is definetely Piggy love at this house! So just watch yourself they do have a habit of getting into your heart! At this point I don't know if I will ever be able to raise a pig for slaughter. BUT I haven't given up my love of pork yet, so, there may be hope!