Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this New Doctor at the Clinic,went and seen him a couple months ago.I didn't like him.My DW said it was because he is all business.Not a friend in to Farming,Goats,Hunting and Fishing like my Doctors in the past.

Well had some Blood work last week and had to go in for a follow up today.Well I go in.He starts out on how a study was done on correcting the problem he was working on that it might help my Heart.All interesting but Greek to me :shrug: But he said everything was looking good.

Then I told him I had run out of Pain Meds,that I needed them to help.Well he asked where my pain was? Well this told me he still hadn't checked anything on my past history.I told him.He said no problem.

What is it with Doctors not saying anything about weight anymore.They got me off Tobacco and to cut back on Alcohol.But if I was a New Doctor with a New Patient having Heart,Leg,and Back problems,weighing 300 pounds.I don't know I think I would try to encourage him to take off a little.But my Doctors don't say anything :shrug: Maybe they give it up as a lost cause.

big rockpile

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
ive had the same doc for 37 years, initiated him with a left hook when he snuck up on me and jabbed me with a needle. not knowing who the blazes he was i was just protecting myself from kidsnachers, he remembers this too this day, big note on cover warns any covering doc i bite back! figure he knows you know that your over weight, hard too take off pounds when you hurt bad !

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
I've had doctors before that didn't bother to read the info that they demand you fill out.

I was 6 months pregnant and had to go to a dermatologist and he just came in and started poking, prodding, and writes me a prescription and leaves. Luckily I asked the nurse if it was safe for me to take because it would have caused serious birth defects. Needless to say, I didn't go back.

Took 4 more years and 6 different doctors to finally figure out I had Lupus. Even after I told three different ones what I thought it was.

Rachel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts