ok another goat question...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Arklady, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Arklady

Arklady Well-Known Member

Our pygmy goat has been rather tired and is acting like she is in pain. She had two kids several weeks ago and they are up and about playing. But, my nanny is acting like she is too tired to move and the inside of her mouth is whitish grey. What would cause this and how would I care for it. Our vet said it sounded like hook worms and low iron. I can't take her to the vet till later as son has the only car. Thus the self help questions. Is there anything I can do I already wormed her. :help:

Arklady

2. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

If you can get red cell and syringe it to her for the iron content, she sound very anemic. Also B vitamins. And what did you worm her with??

3. Arklady

I wormed her about 3 hours ago with ivermectin. we gave her 2 ccs orally. But she is bloated and seems to be in pain. The stomach area is still soft I would be concerned greatly if it was hard. But still!!! I just want her better.

Arklady

4. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

What did you worm her with and the dosage ? Sounds like worms. Up her grain slowly , red cell and vit b as mentioned. Some calf manna or boss would not hurt either. Depending on the kids age I would worm them to. Hit them again in 2-3 weeks.

Patty

5. Arklady

Ok I got some b 12 and gave it to her in a shot. then gave her some icky brown stuff called lixotinic. Vet says she will be fine. I sure hope so.

Arklady