Oh, RATS! It is PERFECT gardening weather out there!

Discussion in 'Country Singletree' started by Terri, May 3, 2018.

1. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I pushed hard to get the seeds in the ground as the forecast was for 4 days of thunderstorms and highs in the 80's, and we DID have a storm last night, but today is fresh and cool and damp and it looks wonderful out there.

And I have been neglecting things like balancing the checkbook and cleaning out the fridge, and my daughter went back to Nebraska last Sunday so I really need to pick up and clean that room and, in general, I am behind on the inside work because I was so sure the weather would be bad 4 days in a row......

So it is a crying shame that it is lovely outside because I will be inside doing paperwork and such.

On the GOOD side, all of my cool weather seeds have been planted excepting for the beets. I want to make a new bed for the beets so more will be involved than just putting the seeds in the ground.

nehimama and RichNC like this.
  2. ticndig

ticndig Well-Known Member

I just came in from the garden , planted cucumbers , squash , basil , tomatoes . already eating lettuce , onion , spinach and radish . still have lots more to plant but not today , record setting heat here today in zone 7 , going up to 93* f

nehimama, Terri and RichNC like this.

3. no really

no really Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a full day ahead of you!!! Go outside and take advantage of the beauty for a bit, it will help you focus on the not so fun tasks you need to complete. That's what I did this morning with my coffee, watched the sun rise. Now I'm ready for the list, that seems to be a mile long. :eek:

nehimama, Terri and RichNC like this.
  4. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member Supporter

It's nice here today also but I did just a bit too much yesterday on my grounds so today will be a morning relax in the tub with the water massage unit on followed by low impact indoor chores and office time reviewing my investment accounts and such as I enjoy ice packs on a few joints and get ready for my outdoor grounds chores tomorrow if I sleep well.

Days like today I just put in the "repair and maintain antique home place equipment" column on my chore ledger under the description "Me" and check the in process box and hope tomorrow I can check the completed box. :D

nehimama and Terri like this.
  5. elevenpoint

elevenpoint Well-Known Member

Garden is in
    Rain here last night and this morning
    Last night mixed up Miracle Grow in five gallon bucket and soaked everything
    Rain will soak that in
    Should get a good dark green on the tomato and pepper plants now

rkintn, nehimama and Terri like this.
  6. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

Perfect weather to be outside but the pollen count is above the roof and Atlanta had a SMOG warning day yesterday!

Terri, no really and RichNC like this.
  7. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I am proud of myself: I stayed inside and made phone calls and did needed inside things until midafternoon.

Then I burned off my frustration by taking a battery chainsaw to the sofa on the back deck. I bought a new one some months back, so the old one was moved out, but I was having trouble coordinating the large garbage pickup with folks to help- I cannot move a sofa by myself- and so I have decided to simply chop the sofa up finely and send it out with the garbage. I got about a third of it cut up, which is fine because I am not going to try to stuff the entire sofa into one garbage pickup. I think I can get half a sofa into the can this week, the other half next week, and the metal frame on the bottom will fit in the can if I set it in diagonally. The metal frame will go last.

no really likes this.