Oh rabbit people..i need help!!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by SmokedCow, May 19, 2006.

1. SmokedCow

SmokedCow Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! So today was one of the hottest days we have had since the birth of my little mini lops...Its about 85ºF outside, and windy. They all have hair, and their eyes are open, so they are in the wondering stage of their lives. WEll...I went out to check on them, and two of them were wondering around outside, one looked half dead, another was about there, and the other just fine. were they to hot? I don't know if they are getting enough milk! My doe is getting plent y of water and feed. So i grabbed all 5 babies, and mom and brought them in the house and put a fan on them. they seem to be doing fine now. But i was just conserned for them. This is the first time in close to 5 years i've had little ones, and the first out of close to 5 breedings she has stuck. Thanks everyone!

2. dunroven

dunroven Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't know for sure what was really wrong with them, but making them cooler should help if it was that hot. It got really hot here today too. We're not far from you too. My rabbits were all heating up pretty good and I opened back windows to let that air blow through.

I can always tell on my rabbits after they have been fed, cause they just look from the back side like fat little toads, can't hardly put their feet to the ground cause they have such big bellies after mamma feeds them. Something to just chuckle about. She feeds them twice daily, once in the morning, once at night. What I really find funny is when you put your hand in the nest box and they start jumping, its like living popcorn! LOL

I love the babies!

3. SmokedCow

SmokedCow Well-Known Member

Oh they were just hot i think. They are all very lively today! I just love them to death. Their lil ears are just starting to flop over! It was another hot day today...about 80. I think ill take mama away from them a lil while so she can relax....They are always hounding her for milk! But they get their fill and all chill under the paper in their lil "nest"....Just looked at them now, and they remind me of the Gremilns! Before they get evil. Oh..the names i have for them now!!! Thanks so much.
    AJ