Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is snowing!!! I am sitting here in complete shock!
I am just NE of Houston!
It is melting as it hits but accumulating on the car and coming down pretty thick.
:bow:

·
Registered
189 Posts
In the area of northern Ontario where I live, my husband has used the snowblower more last week than all of last winter. In a week 3 "Alberta Clippers" arrived-bringing more than a foot of snow. I enjoy snow for this time of year, but anytime after January 1st it would be lovely to see it leave, but we often have snow until April!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We actually have some ground cover now. My kids are in shock. It is the first look at snow for my 11 yo.

·
Registered
338 Posts
How odd. Here it is 41 degrees out. I am Northern(ish) Idaho up in the mountains too. We have had a couple dustings, but nothing has stuck. Though last year we had so much that you could walk up onto our garage roof. So I am not complaining. We will need some for moisture, but I am not too upset that we don't have lots already.

Interesting that there in Texas you have some. Enjoy it. Take lots of photos. :)

I bet it gets you in the Christmas spirit. Snow seems to do that.

·
Columnist, Feature Writer
4,568 Posts
I have a friend in Cleveland, TX who didn't expect to see snow until she moves to Maine late this winter. She's thrilled!

·
Registered
116 Posts
My children had a blast in College Station, TX this afternoon throwing snowballs and building snowmen. It was a two block long snowball fight. It's the first time since we've lived in this area that it has snowed and stuck. I had to explained to some teenagers how to make a snowman by rolling a snowball around the yard since they had never made one before! We were visiting friends in town and I hated to make them leave but I wanted to get home before the roads froze. We had less on the ground at home and that is almost melted now. This was actually the second snow we had today. Woke up to about an inch on the ground this morning which melted off by about 9 am and then the snow started again about 3 pm.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I can't believe y'all are south of us and getting snow! We arent' getting anything here, but this a.m. it looked like snow clouds.

·
Katie
19,970 Posts
Were like dmarie here, havwe used our snow blower already more this year than all last winter I think. Just this last snowstorm we got 14 inches in a 24 hour period, that's alot to shovel out of at one time.
It's really nice for all of you that don't see it much though I'm sure and I will say it is beautiful up here with everything white.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
My Hubby is sitting with his fingers crossed. We have up to three inches predicted for tonight and tomorrow. Right now it's pouring rain. Our snow will probably all be liquid but he's sure hoping for snow.

SSG

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Howdy pourfolkes, wasn't it just so pretty!
It has been so long since we have seen anything that stuck to the ground.
It is all gone this morning except for some accumulation on the cars and picnic table, etc.
I had to get offline and simply go stand out in it yesterday.

I had gone to the grocery earlier to pick up some RX and the store was packed. Everyone was talking about the news and friends saying there was snow in Waco and Austin.

Y'all would have to be here to see the folks around here all in awe of a bit of snow. We all become kids again with that awe and sparkle in our eyes.

Stay warm everyone! :)

Oops, gotta add...
Best wishes and fingers crossed that all you folks get to see snow this year that never do!

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
It's been snowing here since 5:00 am! Hubby even 'graciously' woke us all up so we could see it! Unfortunately I had finally fallen asleep 3 1/2 hours ago after being up with a sick child who couldn't fall asleep yet after taking a long nap that afternoon and listening to a snoring pup on my right and a snoring husband to my left! LOL...

So now the kids are trying to go back to sleep, but my son has already gotten up once saying he couldn't and I need to go back to sleep, but am wide awake and can't...I know how he feels, but I'm so tired that I can't really deal with kids this early yet! LOL. Course mine are old enough that they can take care of themselves if I sleep in.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Lower Alabama here and snow predicted for today but right now it is raining. I don't think we will get any snow but it will probably sleet. I am within spitting distance of Mississippi and they are under a winter storm warning. My son lives near Laurel and my sister in Jackson and they are both under the warning. I could care less if it snows or not because I don't have to go to work today but folks around here don't know how to drive on it so it is dangerous.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
My mother from Lafayette, Louisiana called at 6:30 AM to tell me that they had 1/4 of an inch of snow. Roads are already being shut down.

G

·
It's cold here (20's), but no precipitation. Our snow months are January and February, but now and again it snows as early as October or as late as April.

·
Loving My Life...
1,626 Posts
We saw 57* here yesterday.... and rain all day....

Today we are at 34* with rain still.... turning to ice later in the afternoon....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts