Oh my gosh, these guys are such piggies.

Discussion in 'Goats' started by homebirtha, Mar 25, 2006.

1. homebirtha

homebirtha Well-Known Member

For those who bottlefeed, how much milk do your kids drink per bottle? These three little bucklings are drinking a half gallon of milk in no time flat and still acting hungry. THey're only a week and a half old!

2. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

At day 3 mine were up to 4 bottles a day 8oz each and sleeping all night :p

I'm keeping them at a quart a day(each) for a couple weeks as mom freshened with mastitis on one side and is giving a quart a day on other...increases every day...but until someone else has babies (3 to go in next 2 weeks) I'm limiting them...not to mention they are bucklings :grump:

Mine are in the utility room in extra lg dog crate....man do they pee alot!!! Going thru a ton of shavings!

3. TexasArtist

TexasArtist Well-Known Member

well when Elfie died and I had to take over feeding little Belle the first two days she gulped down 2 coke bottles at each feeding 4 times a day and on the third day she only took one bottle at each feeding and she has cut herself down to about a half a glass worth of milk.
    She grabbed on them first ones like that because mom wasn't able to feed her in the end so she was big gulp hungry.