Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay $50 later and it's all you guys fault.. you MADE me go! LOL

Now the big question is... do I wash it and iron it before I put it in my stash or wait until I'm going to use it?

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Considering you don't really know where or how it's been stored, I think I'd definitely be washing it before storing it with my other materials.

Congratulations on your find DKW!

Our Ladies Aid group has a single car garage FULL of materials in tote containers that has been donated to our cause... from places like this.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I should also mention that this isn't pictures of her house. She has a 2 story barn/shop behind the house.. the upstairs is her "storage" room and the downstairs is her sewing space... the pictures were of the upstairs storage room as she had been pulling everything off of the shelves to go thru.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The shop/barn wasn't wheelchair accessible, so all I could do was sit at the doorway as she and her husband dug through piles and held items up... from what I could see, it looked HUGE...lol

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW DWK maybe you will find enough fabric to Join the Log cabin Swap!:) Thats a great find !!!
I've been tossing around ideas for the log cabin swap, and it was part of my reason for going fabric searching. I just don't know how confident I feel with my skills on this block... can anyone post exact measurements of each piece so I can play with 1 block and see how it comes out?

·
Sew-Classic.com
124 Posts
Maybe it's becasue I am more of a garment sewer than a quilter, but I do prewash almost everything. There is nothing worse than making a perfectly fitting garment only to wash it once and have it become unwearble! UGH!

Jenny

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Dwk, I CAN GIVE you some links that would help ya.. ( IVE never done it either, and I belive either Karen or Angie havent either (one of them)

The block is going to be 14 1/2" square finished ONLY thing that has to be constant is the RED center.. every block can have DIFFERENT colors (as long as in the realm of colors picked) and you dont have to use ALL the colors either!:)

basically you cut 2 1/2" strips, start w. a 2 1/2" center, and sew around and around that center.. here is a link... http://www.quilt.com/Blocks/LogCabin/LogCabin.html the only thing ( which if you read the thread you get more ideas) is that You dont have to cut EACH strip to size ( if your fabric is 44" then you would have a 2 1/2" strip x 44 and just cut it flush before sewing on the next peice!:)

YOU CAN DO IT, its designed for all of us to be able to do!:) and NO ONE WILL EVER say you did wrong or discredit your abilities!:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts