Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am from southern Ontario, just outside Toronto and moving to Sudbury, up north starting to round the great lakes. I looked at a property on Saturday, 70 acres of tree and bush with a large house, hugh loft over attached bigger than double garage, small barn, 2 storey guest house, 1 hour from the City of Sudbury downtown. Asking price 119,000.00 with land taxes of $800 per year. I am assured I will always have a white Christmas. This is a very friendly area and very underestimated. Sudbury, a mining center, had a severe polution problem in 50/60's and is now reforrested and waiting to be rediscovered. We are looking for land outside the core and find the outside area thriving and the city has everything you would ever want. Doctors are in severe shortage in the north, I heard 1 doctor per 5000 residents but don't hold me to that. Why a doctor would not want to work and bring up a family in the fresh air, fields and forests I don't know.

Here are 2 ways to find land in Canada: www.dignam.com you can get a catalogue or subscribe, they cover land from coast to coast. The are located in Barrie, about 1-1 1/2 hrs north of Toronto. Also check out www.mls.ca this is a registry of everything being sold by real estate agents across Canada and it updates daily. Pick the province and then look through the areas you are interested in. When you get to the page that tries to narrow your search down just scroll down and hit search. You will get lots, acreages, businesses, suburban homes.. anything in the area for any price. This is a great way to get to know an area and what is available from a distance. I am not good with the web but even I managed to find my way around this site.

Hope these two sites are of some help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.