Officially In...

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by nduetime, Jul 6, 2006.

1. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

OK, I thought I had joined this group and posted but I guess not. If I did (which I could find no hint of) I have not posted anything until today. Good Golly, I need to lose weight! My last doctor appointment was in december and I weighed a whopping 206. That is great if you are a hampshire, not so great if you are 5' 4" and 46 years old. Weighed myself today and I am down to 199, not making much progress on my own so any ideas would be appreciated. I did a form U 3 thing long ago and lost 50 pounds but cannot afford to and would not if I could spend money like that again. My main goal is to get my knees and feet more comfortable and becoming flexible like I used to be. I have no unreasonable expectations of getting back to my black belt shape but would like to be healthier. Sorry i am rambling - one other thing - I blame my weight on me, I love to cook and I love to eat, I like to exercise but am a terrible procrastinator.

2. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

welcome to our group. i'm curious why you think you can't get back into black belt shape? it may take lots of hard work, but, anything is possible...

what, if i may ask is a U 3?

have you looked into yoga or pilates for the flexibility?

3. nduetime

LOL i was 20 something when I was learning and then teaching as a black belt now I am 40 something. It just did not seem realistic to me. Too many fractures since then and because of it also I guess. Of course I would never go back to board and cement breaking. i leave to the young ones who think they will never hurt later as I thought too.
    U 3 - Sorry that was supposed to be Form U 3 - It is a weight loss program similar to weight watchers etc. Based upon healthy eating, counting calories, fat grams, carbs, sugars and sodium and exercise. It is a decent program just expensive and I believe they have gotten into the meal replacement aspect of weight loss now too. Not something I cared for, I like to actually chew and I think I need to change my lifestyle not replace it with a shake. That is just my opinion though. i know the shakes and replacement bars have worked for a lot of people.

4. Jerngen

Jerngen Perpetually curious! Supporter

Welcome, welcome! Procrastinating is a bad habit of mine too! Then I get mad at myself for doing it! :rolleyes:

5. nduetime

Thanks for the welcome. I go through the same thing procrastinating...I hate it and still do it time and again and then chew myself out for it. Silly me, move on tomorrow is a new day!