Off The Grid Getaway.. For Sale

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by KindredCanuck, Dec 31, 2004.

1. KindredCanuck

KindredCanuck In Remembrance

This 104 acre off-grid homestead is located in East Branch, Saint-Nicholas River, Kent County, New Brunswick, Canada. It is situated 1 mile from pavement on a unserviced government granted road. The house is insulated, fully functional and wired for a generator.
    Located one mile from pavement in East Branch, Kent County, New Brunswick, CANADA.
    The house is now empty but in excellent condition. It measures 24 ft. X 24 ft.
    The house is built on a frost wall footing.
    Full basement of poured concrete with concrete floor under the attached secondary 18ft. X 24ft. building.
    The road is good and could be kept open in winter with a 4X4 with a plow or tractor.
    The house contains an entrance, kitchen, living area, sun room, upstairs sitting room and two bedrooms.
    There is a drilled well and an interior toilet in a hallway between the two buildings.
    The house is heated with a two wood stove (living area and kitchen).
    There are two stone chimneys in the house and a selkirk in the secondary building.
    This 104 acre property is mostly wooded with about 4 acres of cleared land.
    There are two small brooks and a couple of beaver ponds on the property.
    The mature softwoods have been harvested but mature hardwoods and younger softwoods remain.
    There is great fishing for Trout and Atlantic Salmon in all the Richibucto River watershed.
    There is Moose, White-Tail Deer, Black Bear and much small game on the property and surrounding areas.
    Taxes were $1049.00 CAD (non-owner occupied) (2004) PID's #25069162 #25069188, #25255316 for three adjoining parcels.
    The Village of Rexton and the Town of Richibucto and the ocean are only 10 minutes away.
    The pretty seaside Town of Bouctouche is only 15 minutes away.
    Kouchibouguac National Park is 30 minutes away.
    The City of Moncton is 40 minutes away.

http://www.homesteadsforsale.com/larry.htm

Happy New Year..
    KC

2. Pythia

Pythia Active Member

Just so you know, you've made me cry....

3. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

4. limhyl

limhyl Well-Known Member

At that price it would be a good summer vacation home. A mite too cold for me in the winter but what a wonderful peice of property. Theresa.

5. KindredCanuck

KindredCanuck In Remembrance

$64,000. US $76,000. Cdn. funds

6. RMShepp

RMShepp Active Member

This may be a stupid question (comment) but I've read that US citizens cannot own real estate in Canada. Is this true?

7. Chas in Me

Chas in Me Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful piece of the world. New Brunswickers are great people. I always feel like I'm going home when I drive through the border.

8. norris

norris Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a property like that one, but it needs to be in Western Montana or the Missouri Ozarks. There is not enough free speech allowed in Canada to suit me. Beautiful country and nice people though.