Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a dumb question but- How does one go about obtaining a copy of one's SAT scores from 30 years ago? Would one's high school still have records of this as part of a transcript? I went to my high school's web site and although it is extensive, I saw nothing involving the obtaining of records. I've put in a call, but thought I would ask here while I wait to hear back from them.

Also, I didn't actually receive my diploma from this high school, I finished up my last semester at a now defunct charter school in a neighboring county. That will be something else to un-earth.

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
My DD is the high school guidence counselor at the school where my DH and MANY other family members have graduated.

She says EVERYONE's grades are there!

She has a good time teasing her Dad about some of his!
And those are from 50 years ago.

I would think your SAT score would be at your school.
Even if you didn't graduate from that school, they should still have all of your records from while you were attending there.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
You actually end up going to the collegeboard website.

There you make a free account, and supposedly can get your scores.

I tried it, and used my married name.
No scores.
If you make an account, try using your maiden name (your name you used when you took the SAT).

I don't know if they go that far back or not. I got stuck because of the name, I think, and I can't change it w/o calling them. Not worth it to me, I was just curious.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Turtlehead,

Can you post which website you were exactly looking at? I would like to try to search for my old scores. Thanks.

·
Übernerd
502 Posts
For scores that far back, I believe you'll have to actually fill out a form and send it off to the folks at ETS/the college board. It's somewhere on their website- or used to be- because I ran across it while I was looking for my old ACT scores. If you took your scores before they allowed you to view them online, you won't be able to get them online now, or that's my understanding.

Your best bet is probably to give them a call and see if they still have them, if you need an official score report of some kind. Otherwise, I'd think your high school might still have your records floating around somewhere.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you can, just call the guidance office from you high school. I know mine was on my transcripts. The guidance secretary should be able to direct you if they don't have the records-such as finding them in county/school system records storage.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Out of curiosity, can you take SATs as an adult? I've thought occasionally about going to university and I suspect I'd do very well. Didn't take them as a kid; the school charged $50 and I didn't have it.

·
Übernerd
502 Posts
Yeah, anyone can sign up to take them. I took them in seventh grade for a program run by Johns Hopkins, then took them "for real" in high school. All you need to do is register and shell out the money, as far as I know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.