Oberhasli kids in March

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Goatladywebb, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Goatladywebb

Goatladywebb Member

Kidding season starts here next month..so if anyone is interested in Obie kids,or Alpine mix kids,let me know.Before they leave my place,they are weaned,wormed,and vaccinated.
    Barb
    GoatTalkr9@aol.com

2. garrett

garrett Member

Where are you located? What are the prices for doelings?
    Garrett

3. greenacres

greenacres Well-Known Member

I was going to ask where are you located also. Good luck when kidding season starts.

4. Goatladywebb

Goatladywebb Member

I'm 43 miles from Parkersburg..halfway between Parkersburg and Clarksburg Wv. And I truthfully haven't set prices yet.It won't be outrageous.I need to register the moms..the dad is already registered.
    If disbudding or banding is needed,I can have that done at our goat vet's and add it into the final price.I'll also wean,worm,and vaccinate the kids before they leave my place.
    I won't ship kids,I want to meet the folks who I sell our kids to. :)
    Barb

5. BirdWoman

BirdWoman Member

I also will have a few Obies born in April. Probably won't be selling any doelings, but if I have bucklings they will be for sale, registered, $300 - 450. I am in eastern Nevada. This is my first year with Obies so I'm still learning about all the registration, etc. but my herd so far is beautiful and they have lovable manners.

6. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

My favorite breed!

Goatladywebb & Birdwoman- I would be interested in the pedigrees behind your goats. Milk test? LA scores?
    Thanks

7. BirdWoman

BirdWoman Member

I'm such a novice I'm not sure how to answer that question the right way, but maybe some of this info will be of interest. My one doe is Tutlelu Makayla, out of Tutlelu Ice Kate & FDF Pleasant Fields Bar D, Another is Tutlelu Liberty M'Belle out of Tutlelu Icy Yankee Liberty & Aslan's Own Koriakin. I got them from a buyer who bought them from LuAnn Tuttle a few years ago. My buckling, bred for the first time this fall, I bought directly from LuAnn Tuttle also, but she assures me he is fairly removed from these two does. I noticed LuAnn has an Obie doe which did very well in the list of ADGA Top Ten Milkers 2003, Tutlelu Nadia is #5 in Milk Production I have another doe who will probably deliver first who is beautiful, but I'm still trying to locate her papers in my stack. Until I do, I'll just have to say she's beautiful and gentle and her name is Popcorn. I'm obviously hoping for some pretty nice babies. Thank you for asking. I love to brag but I'm going to have to learn more about how to do it right!

8. Goatladywebb

Goatladywebb Member

I'm in the same boat,more or less...the learning stage. My buck is Chianti's son from Breezy Doron,while my two original does are purebred but no papers except for their grandad.It was a hassle starting from scratch paperwork wise..but it has been really wonderful to watch how the lines improve in the kids.My two doelings have taken the strengths from their moms and dad,and are wonderful...sturdy and beautiful. I'm waiting on another buck from Breezy Doron,out of a different line,plus a doe. I still haven't decided if I want to get into milk scores,etc. I enjoy the goats...love handling them,being with them,and am in the midst of registering..but after that..not sure how much into showing/etc. I want to get into. I love going to your site,the harper hill one,and looking at the wonderful Obies there...you are above and beyond me,lol!

9. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

If you haven't done so already, please join the Oberhasli Talk list on Yahoo.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OberhasliTalk/

You'll find several well-respected breeders who are just bursting with Oberhasli knowledge. You can never learn enough about this breed.