Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read "Day of Wrath" and yes it has my mind spinning.

That said, does anyone else find it odd that Obama picked the night before the 9/11 anniversary to detail how we will deal with ISIS?

I have read there is more terrorist chatter right now then there has been since pre 9-11-01. Couple that with the stories of ISIS on the southern border and I get nervous.

Anyway the higher ups are expecting something to go down and the speech tonight is just a way of getting in front of it?

·
Registered
11,511 Posts

That said, does anyone else find it odd that Obama picked the night before the 9/11 anniversary to detail how we will deal with ISIS?

I have read there is more terrorist chatter right now then there has been since pre 9-11-01. Couple that with the stories of ISIS on the southern border and I get nervous.

Anyway the higher ups are expecting something to go down and the speech tonight is just a way of getting in front of it?
Just listen real close and you might hear go ahead. Or maybe we won't get in your way.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

I didn't think about that as a possibility. Good pickup!

Reactions: julieq

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
What ever he lie's about I will have to wait for the talking heads to tell me about.

His shouting makes me violently ill.
Actually, tonight's speech is going to be a conservative pleaser. They're going to applaud Obama when it's done.

And those lies will be charts and photos.

Wait and see. It'll remind you of a previous event.

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
so you think him saying we are going to war- will make the conservatives happy?
I am not being snarky at all- I am asking-

I am a conservative- I am not sure what would make me happy - other than a gluten free big mac right now-

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
I'm seeing on the news that it should have us providing Air Support, and a coalition with Saudi Arabia for on ground. But, I may just read the reviews here tomorrow. His voice and appearance anywhere makes me have bone tremors of badness detection. So I may read afterwards, but I rarely watch.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
so you think him saying we are going to war- will make the conservatives happy?
I am not being snarky at all- I am asking-

I am a conservative- I am not sure what would make me happy - other than a gluten free big mac right now-
Yes. Absolutely. Every time you turn on the radio you hear Hannity and Limbaugh talking about how weak Obama is on national security and what a big threat ISIS is and how we're not doing anything to stop it.

War benefits both sides of the aisle, takes the heat off, and both parties get the money rolling in. The economy improves, people wave the flag, and criticism of America is considered unpatriotic by both sides.

And Obama's approval rating just dropped below 40%. After the war announcement, next week there will be a 7% spike.

I'd say more, but I don't want to spoil the surprise. Come 9:14 EST tonight, a lot of you will be saying, "How in the heck did Ernie KNOW?"

·
Registered
82 Posts
I dont have TV so I will have to read about it tomorrow.
But seeing his NATO response to the Russians, I foresee a leadership through committee (or community organization) that allows for no one to be actually responsible. This style of leadership is generally weeks behind in time, lacking the actual numbers of committed troops, and affords the enemy the opportunity to exploit the weakness of leadership through committee, and responsive action and will be a problem again in the near future.

·
1/2 bubble off plumb
8,811 Posts
I'm sure we are going to be taking some sort of action against ISIS (already heard someone say O can do "something" without Congress's approval....didn't catch the logic behind that "power:) Surveys say 71% of Americans want to do something. With O's approval ratings as low as they are, he has to do what the peanut gallery says. Not sure what I think the right thing to do is on this one.....I'm personally stymied. I heard one talking head suggest that ISIS needs to be dealt with by Muslim forces....if American/European forces are the "bulk" of the "invasion" then it is only going to make things worse. I tend to agree with that thought.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts