Nyquill & Ibeprofun

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by TNHermit, Dec 26, 2006.

1. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

I guess this isn't about an alternate but figured someone might know. I don't take medicine of any kind unless I just have to.
    I took some Nyquil and Ibuprofen not to long ago and had the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. i know this because I have done it a couple times since. It keeps the old age pain down and keeps you asleep. Just how bad on the body is this. I know Nyquil has acetaminophen in it and I'm mixing the two.
    I take one ibuprofen 325 and a cap full of Vick's couple times a week. Just to catch up on sleep and being tired of the 12-14 hour days.

I know they have sleep drugs but they scare me :) And this happened by accident and I lived....so far..:)

2. Pink_Carnation

Pink_Carnation Well-Known Member

1st rule of thumb...the more kinds of medication the harder it is on your kidneys and liver.

That said tylenol and advil can be taken together...I just don't know about the rest of the junk in Nyquil

3. VA Backwoodsman

VA Backwoodsman Active Member

Something to think about with Nyquill is it contains tylenol and alcohol which when mixed together cause liver damage quicker then by themselves. I don't know at what levels this occurs but it is something that gets my attention. I use kava-kava capsules before bed and Sleepytime herbal tea also. Valerian root wrks well but causes stomach upset/problems for me. I know about the long days too.

4. woodsmokeinherhair

woodsmokeinherhair it's bout quality of life

I noticed that the doctors are now prescribing acetaminophen and ibuprofen as alternate doses as far as pain in children now (or they were the last time one of my sons hurt himself and needed to go to the doctor). Take a dose of one, and when the time is up, take a dose of the other.

Personally, I wouldn't be taking those products you are mentioning more then twice a month as a *catch up* self-medicating thing. But that is just me. I really fear becoming addicted to anything.

Woodsmokeinherhair!

5. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

Thats kinda why i asked too :). But it is just nice to "catch up" once in a while
    For some reason I don't have a problem with addictions. That I know of anyhow:) It was just and accidental finding.