Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A nursing kitty has adopted us, but there are no kittens. She's getting harder & bigger from milk. Not rock hard but there's more milk in there than yesterday. Should I do anything, or will mother nature just take care of it?

Someone either dumped her off or she used to live here. We can't find any kittens and We've stood outside with her to see if she'll lead us to them. she's not crying like a momma looking for kittens and she wants inside all the time. Just wondering if the milk will keep on producing?

·
Registered
587 Posts
It is very possible that the reason she has no kittens is that males will kill the kittens of other males in order to get mom to come in season. I would run, not walk to the nearest vet clinic and get her spayed. Not sure how long it takes for them to come back in, but when I had my one and only litter of kittens born I had a cat in season in short order when I weaned them and the vet did not want to do the surgery until the milk situation had subsided, so I kept her locked in the house with every tom cat in the area howling at my door all night long :grump:

·
Banned
2,113 Posts
Sparticle:

Good for you for taking her into your home and wanting to do the best for her (which includes spaying).

And, Vincent looks quite happy (as does the kitty) to have her part of the family.

Janis

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Janis Sauncy said:
Sparticle:

Good for you for taking her into your home and wanting to do the best for her (which includes spaying).

And, Vincent looks quite happy (as does the kitty) to have her part of the family.

Janis
Yes Vincent just LOVES "his" kitty cats. Oh she's going to the vet ASAP! Probably Monday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.