Nubian/Pygmy/Fainter cross bucklngs 4 sale in NE

Discussion in 'Goats' started by cntrymomof4, Feb 3, 2005.

1. cntrymomof4

cntrymomof4 Member

We had our first babies of the year born Tues.
    morning, two beautiful little bucklings. They can be seen on my web site on
    the salebarn/kids page. Im am advertising them early on in case
    someone wants them as intact bucks, otherwise they will be wethered in
    a couple weeks. Asking $35 each for them if they are picked up at
    weaning. They are both Nubian/Pygmy/Fainter crossed (doe is a pygmy/Fainter cross, buck is Nubian), super pretty in their
    coloring, both with wattles, and being bottle fed. They would make some really
    nice duel purpose babies for anyone wanting to add a little more meat
    to their dairy kids this next year! They do have great milk in their
    bloodlines also. plus they came from quads! To take a look at them go to
    the web site listed , if you have any additional questions you can
    e-mail me at RainesRanch2003@yahoo.com or call me at (308)254-5954.'
    WEBLINK: http://www.freewebs.com/rainesranchgoats

2. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

I want Sundance. Can you deliver to Birmingham? :confused:

He's so handsome. I really would love to have him. He sounds perfect. Over the last several months, I've posted lots of questions here trying to help us decide which goats to get. We keep going back and forth between Nubian, Myotonic Fainters, and Pygmies. Sundance would be perfect for us. But, there's no way we could pick him up.

3. cntrymomof4

cntrymomof4 Member

I know therre are a few people on line that transport goats for a very reasonable fee.....I'll check into it if you want and see what they would charge. We also had another baby born 2/4/2005...he's 3/4 Nubian, awsome coloring and great long ears! His picture is now up on my web site also. His name is Raines Ranch Cowboy's Rodeo.

4. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

If it's a reasonable fee, and doable, please check for me. He's so handsome. My wife keeps talking about him.

5. cntrymomof4

cntrymomof4 Member

Im currently waiting for a reply from a guy who transports livestock to see if we are anywhere near one of his routes and what it would cost.
    Sundance is a sweet boy and is being bottle fed, so he will make a nice buck. Plus he has some really good milk lines behind him , along with the meat and colors he can throw! Crossing my fingers for ya! He would be ready to be weaned around April 1st.

Nicole

6. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

April 18 is my wife's birthday (it's also the birthday of our beloved Pyr, Sam, who was a gift for her 3 years ago) and the only thing she wants is a goat. We'll be moving to our five acres in about two weeks and fencing a place for goats will be second on the list. Moving all the birds will be first. What kind of fence do you personally recommend?

7. cntrymomof4

cntrymomof4 Member

I have had great luck with finding unwanted chain link fencing for my goats yard. I know many people also use catle paneling with good results also. Then theres the typical feild fencing avaialbe at live stock stores and its not bad for pricing either. Im still looking to find someone who is going through both our necks of the woods who could deliver him at a reasonable price. The guy I contacted yesterday does it for a living, but he wanted $200.00 to $250.00....and thats if he would happen to be coming by our directions. Thats about the same as the airlines would charge. So Im still searching for you...maybe someone on one of my groups will be traveling around that time and be somewhat near the areas we need. You never know! We have a couple months at least to try and find someone. Are yo looking for him to be wethered I take it? If he is to be a lone goat you may think about getting at least two, goats are herd animals and are very rarely happy by themselves. The feel more safe also, if they have another goat for companionship. Tweo wethers can easiely be great pets and weed eaters for you! I have seen goats run with dogs , but usually they were raised together as babies.

8. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

I don't want him to be wethered. I want a herd of goats. We were planning on having two groups, eventually. Two Nubian does for milking and a buck and two does of something else. We'd keep the Nubians seperate from the group with the buck. This is the information we got from the extension guy, but he was recommending Nubians and Boers. I don't think those two would be any fun. They'd all look too similar, all with Roman noses and floppy ears. I love the look of Sundance. There are some registered Myotonics not too far from here and almost everyone else has either Nubians or Boers. I was wanting something different and Sundance fills that bill. Don't hold him for us, or anything. I know it's impractical for me, a beginner, to try to aquire a goat from halfway across the continent. It would be nice, but not at all practical. However, if anyone is coming this way...

9. cntrymomof4

cntrymomof4 Member

I Looks like I may have found a ride for lil Sundance! The only thing is it wouldnt be till June. I have a friend of mine who just moved to Florida from Nebraska this last weekend and she is scheduling a trip back down here for June. She said she would give him a ride when she heads back to Florida. She would just meet you at the nearest interstate exit. I would have to charge $50.00 for him instead of $35.00, only because of the feed I would have to put into him from April till June. I keep my prices just below market, I would rather have him go to a good home then to sale barn and then who knows where else.
    Tell me what you think. In the mean time, I could keep sending you new pics of him every once in a while as he gets a lil bigger :0)

10. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

ABSOLUTELY! :worship: Thank you Lord. :worship:

I'm so happy. We're all sick. Have been for a week. This just made my day.

I'll gladly pay $50. You and your friend are wonderful. Thank you both so much. My wife says as long as she knows she can have Sundance, she'll gladly wait until June. That will give us plenty of time to get everything fenced. Just done wether him. How do you want me to pay you? Check or Money Order?

11. cntrymomof4

cntrymomof4 Member

Im happy I found him a ride home !! I'll get with my friend, her name is Ann, in the next week or so (gotta give her time to settle into her new place out there) and try and pin her down to a actual date. Normally I would not hold my breath on June (she's a stinker for rescheduling LOL) but this time its not just me shes visiting. She is going to be AIing some of her dad's cattle in MO too. So seeing as Im not the only one counting on her, it should be a done deal!Plus she owes me for not coming out to visit before she moved LOL
    Anyhow, when I get an actual date and all I'll contact you and then she can get in touch with you as far as a drop off date and place. Once everything is in place and a done deal, Ann on her way out and all, I have a paypal account, do you? its free and its like a money transfer from your checking or credit card to my checking. That way you can send me the paypal transfer on the day of drop off. Sound like a idea?
    And , no, I WONT wether him LOL I just wasnt sure what your plans were earlier on. :0)