nubian doeling FS

Discussion in 'Goats' started by susanne, Jan 2, 2006.

1. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

nubian doeling born 12/28/05 for sale
    red brown, dark dorsal stripe, white and tan spots, frosted ears, long bodied.
    dam is a good milker.
    located in michigan near ann-arbor

2. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

How much are you asking for her? registered or grade? Pictures?

3. susanne

4. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

What a darling baby! I checked out your website and you have lovely goats. I'm familiar with your buck, Ramses' bloodlines. I know the Saada folks. We show at the same fairs in Montana. My buck, Gandalf is out of Saada Jenuine Christmas Eve and his sire's father is Killian. Eve was an ADGA spotlight sale doe and Killian's sire, Crown Excess had produced does who did very well at Nationals.

5. susanne

thank you for the compliment. i like the animals from laura a lot. i have a deposit for two kids this spring :sing:
    susanne

6. goatkid

Do you know which does your Saada kids will be out of? Alot of her does are huge. Vampress is this gigantic black goat who did very well In Billings everytime I've seen her shown there. One of her doelings sold for $3,600 at the spotlight sale. I'd love a kid out of her, but I can't afford to pay that much for a goat. I've been thinking of getting my next buck from them. The bucklings out of their second fresheners aren't as spendy. I'm just not sure that I want to make a run to Wyoming in March or April. We can get some nasty snowstorms in the Rockies in early spring and also I have most of my does due during that time. I'm so glad to hear you are getting kids from them. Do you show? Maybe I'll be reading about your herd in UCN.

7. susanne

i'm getting a doe kid out of vampress and hattal. second choice is jojo jaydo and swan song. i also bought semen from gandolph gado. i'm planning to go to nationals this year. one show is planned in august in detroit.
    that will be a very exiting year for me :rock: i hope i will get my first choice kids.
    i spent two days at laura's place and it was wonderful

8. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

I wish I was in Michigan! She is SO CUTE! This stinks ( once again I need a smile that is pouting).

9. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Did you see Laura's ad in this months UCN? That's Rising Blue Pheonix a 3 year old, her dam Birdwoman (Birdy) lives here, a 5 year old this coming year. Rising Blue Pheonix was her doeling she had right before Laura sold her. Birdy's daughter Pheonix is a 2 year old here...what are the odds of that happening! Lonesome Doe Pheonix is our up and coming 2 year old prodigy here. A very pretty girl like her dam. I also own a JuJu/Captain Jamilla son, and two other Saada does. Her first freshener sales are by far the best buys at her place, and of course bucks, making sure they are out of her proven lines and not outcrosses she is trying :)

There are several farms including Susannes, Lisa's (you can find her on the other forum) and myself where you can purchase SAADA animals for alot less than what she charges, if you can't afford to buy the originals. I am very poud of my SAADA south herd :) I actually am breeding this bloodline further into the Crown bloodlines of Ambassador, using Lynnhaven via Kastdemur (because I can afford to purchase Lynnhaven and can't from Karen!) So we all do it!

And fly them! It's soo much less stressfull on the kids than a long car ride! Vicki

10. susanne

thank you. yes she is very cute with lots of personality. i'm sure in florida are some nubian breeder?

11. Goat Freak

Yeah there are Nubian breeders here, my dad even knows of some. My parents just don't want to get any more breeds of goats,even though I would REALLY LOVE to have a goat that I could milk. Oh well, maybe one day, I have already been trying to hint to my father that I wuld like one. Well See ya, bye.

12. susanne

i would not want to miss the wonderful time when i picked my kids up at your place vicki. :happy: even if that included 21 hour drive one tour and i don't remember how many hours back.
    i'm very happy that i have pheonix buck. i had such a good feeling when i got him. can't wait to see all his kids

13. susanne

you are still very young and i believe you will have your milking doe one day.
    until than read and learn as much as you can :)

14. goatkid

How much does it cost to fly a goat? I have always been hesitant to fly an animal because they have to ride in the cargo area. If I got a goat from Texas, I would have to do it that way. Saada isn't quite that far from where I live and I'm sure I could stay with a fellow goat breeder in the Billings area on the way home.
    When my friend still had her dairy, she had more goats besides Eve from Saada lines and some of my goats come from these does or their offspring and aslo Laura's friend Aaron Carter when he still raised Nubians. My Alpine- Nubian doe is out of a buck Aaron bred and a Waailatpu doe. I bartered work on the dairy for the does and got a good deal on my buck out of Eve. I'm hoping Eve will have a doeling in spring and that my friend will sell her to me. It is great to be able to get the good bloodlines from folks like you and my friend. There is also a woman in Montana who breeds Nubians, some of which have done very well in the shows against Saada. Her herd is Sky Shadows. I have a doe she bred who has given me 4 doelings and a buckling. I want to buy a doe out of one of her champions and if I can't get a Saada kid for my next buck, I'd like to see what she has.

15. susanne

i had ramses to fly because he was born after my visit at vicki's place. the flight alone was around $180. i think also it would be a good idea to let them fly although i'm visiting laura again to pick my doelings up.

16. Aja-Sammati

Aja-Sammati New Member

I'm new to this forum, Michelle Heino, currently of Gulfport, MS.

I love the Saada goats, too, and have a doeling reserved out of Entwife, the sister of the $3600 spotlight sale animal. (I saw Enchantress at convention, and fell in love, but the price tag was TOO high!) The doe out af a first freshener is a great deal. My second choice is out of another first freshener- Alhowa.

I am also on the waiting list for one of Vicki's bucks. Much cheaper than the "original" version, and just the lines I was looking for! My children wanted me to reserve a buck out of Vampress- they don't seem to know my pockets aren't THAT deep.

I will probably be flying her, but only because I have does kidding at the time she will be ready to come home. I was really looking forward to visiting Laura's place :( . I love visiting other goat people... & their goats!

17. Goat Freak

Thanks Susanne, if I am lucky, I might be able to talk my dad into letting me get one, eventually. If not when I move out and get my own place i sure as all heck will :p . THanks for the encouragement, bye.

18. goatkid

Goat Freak: are you willing to milk the goat twice a day without relying on your parents to do it for you? Maybe your dad could be convinced if you got a Nubian doe for a 4H project. They do cross well with Boers if that is what your family prefers.

19. trnubian

trnubian Twin-Reflection Nubians

Wow, it sure seems like a lot of people are getting some very nice Saada kids. I just reserved today a buck kid out of Sharming Sheherazade x Sand-Bur-Kids SC Grizly (the 2005 Spotlight Consignment from Sand-Bur-Kids). I am VERY excited about getting him next summer at 2006 Nationals. I am planning on attending also.

20. Goat Freak

goatkid, yes I would milk her twice a day, I was milking a doe once a day before only because she was not a big time milk producer and milking her once a day left her pretty much empty all day, but she died. My only problem with 4-H is is that when we were thinking of doing 4-H for cows there were SO many rules! like you couldn't even take the cow home, it had to stay at the 4-H place, and you could get fined for practiclly anything, and on top of all that the cow was killed and the meat sold at the end.They wouldn't do that for goats would they, and even if the goat had to stay there I would not want to do it because the 4-H place is pretty far away, I would have ot get up REALLY REALLY early to go there. Other than that, as long as the rules were different from the cows and not TOO obsurd, yes, I would do it. And it sounds like a GREAT idea, the only problem is is that my dad I would think would see through the plane as a way of getting another animal. I will try it though, thanks for the GREAT idea. Well see ya, bye.