November Plant and Seed Exchange

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by tallpines, Nov 6, 2005.

1. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

If you have seeds or plants to Sell, Swap or Trade.............
    list them here------.

If you listed items in the previous months and they are still in effect----Cut and Paste them into this current months listing.

2. Turkeyfether

Turkeyfether Well-Known Member

PUMPKIN SEEDS- otherwise known as cheese pumpkins.But this is the best variety of cheese pumpkins I've ever used. Deep orange,sugary & very thick,like what you get in the can at the store.The inside is NOT hollow-just solid meat and a small hollow center just big enough to hold seeds.Just send me a self addressed,stamped envelope & how many seeds you'd like.
    I'd love it if you send me seeds you think are great to.I don't care what kind~~ SURPRISE ME!! But it's not necessary if you don't have any.

I'd love to get some garlic for planting.The kind you get in the supermarket doesn't produce well,I'm told. Produces small .

Anybody have any of those other varieties of carrots? Some are red! I'd like to try them out.

BROCCOLI:I'm letting my plants go to seed.I should have a TON of THAT!!

SPINACH: I have a lot of those seeds.Tell me how much you want.

BELL PEPPERS:Orange,yellow,& green/red. PLENTY of those to share!

BEETS:I also have beet seeds.

3. Turkeyfether

Turkeyfether Well-Known Member

Tomatoes: Oh,I almost forgot.These were terrific! I forget what brandthey were,but VERY solid meat. I made great tomato sauce,salsa,stewies, etc.I have plenty to share.

4. RedEarth

RedEarth Well-Known Member

I have to offer:

Sweet Basil

Morning Glory

I want:

Most anything you can plant directly in the garden and then eat later:

beans, corn, squash, carrots, cukes, other similar seeds

Jessica

5. LisaT30

LisaT30 Member

I would love some of your pumpkin and tomato seeds. I have some "atomic red" carrot seeds-could send a few!

LisaT30

6. mamabear

mamabear Well-Known Member

I have a few burgandy okra seeds that I'd like to trade for some pumpkin seeds.
    I haven't counted what I have, but I could let someone know if they were interested.
    Thanks.
    mamabear

7. kenuchelover

kenuchelover Well-Known Member

Turkeyfether, your cheese pumpkin sounds interesting. Could you tell me where you originally got it from, and do you have any seed left I could trade you for? How hard is the flesh?

Would you perhaps be interested in Tahitian melon squash? (A C.moschata, sort of like a longnecked butternut but very sweet & a pretty good keeper).

Or perhaps corn? I've got a large selection of Indian & other heirloom corns. (Cherokee White flour corn? Delaware blue flour corn? Quapaw Red flour corn? A 180 year old heirloom white dent from northern Georgia? A purple-black dye corn from Peru, actually a flour corn but used to dye textiles and baskets in the old days, mostly used to make colored beverages & colored corn pudding nowadays? Ancient Peruvian sweet corn?)

Kenuchelover.

8. Orkney

Orkney Member

Wanted :-

Tree seeds –

Any of the following or anything that people may think will stand a chance in a windy exposed site.
    Idea is to plant a wood, already have 1000 trees ready to put in as soon as spring appears and the new lake is dug, but have room to spare in the nursery and would like to experiment with as many varieties as possible. They will be brought on in pots before planting out.

According to the RHS book the ones worth a try are :-

Norway Maple
    Himalayan Birch
    Blue Douglas Fir
    Common Ash
    Small Leaved Lime
    Dwarf Pine
    Eucalyptus Gunnii

Anybody have any coloured (red variety) of New Zealand flax?

I have to offer swede, turnip, some carrot varieties. Lots of green new Zealand flax seeds. Some wild pansy seeds – beautiful miniature flowers, mixed lupins, mixed foxgloves, and probably lots more if I ever get to the bottom of the seed chest.

Not too sure of the legality of sending seeds abroad, but quite happy to try sending them and see if they get there if I have anything that’s of use to anyone.

Also more than happy to cover any costs for tree seeds by paypal.

Kevin

9. RedEarth

RedEarth Well-Known Member

In addition to the basil and morning glory I listed before, I now also have hollyhock.

10. Donna-6

Donna-6 Well-Known Member

Found something yesterday while in the woods. It was a small tree on on top was small flowers size of nickle, little red berries hanging off The blooms were hot-pink. Got any ideas what they were. We live in E-Tenn,next to va

11. Donna-6

Donna-6 Well-Known Member

Orkney need any tree seeds down this way!

12. Orkney

Orkney Member

Hi Donna,
    sorry for not replying sooner -
    would be interested in trying anything really, dont know what the tree is youve found? sounds nice though

Kevin

13. gean

gean Member

I have a variety of acorns and hickory nuts,also some black walnuts.

14. Tarot Farm

Tarot Farm Well-Known Member

I have some tree seeds for those who would like to try growing their own trees. I have some Almond, Chestnut, Persimmon, Hickory and Black Walnut seeds to trade or ?

I am wanting any old varieties of garden seeds; plus, anything that was Native American/Indian, that was found in their gardens....beans, corn, squash, sunflowers, etc. I want to have a garden like the Native American ancestors did.

I am also looking for Anasazi and Appaloosa Beans; have some squash seeds that my grandmother's family raised...not sure of the name of them...she called them Indian Squash as they came from the Reservation.

Also I have some Mini Watermelon seeds; they produce all colors of watermelons in miniature...I call them Rainbows, but that is just my name for them. Some are yellow, some pink and some are deep orange or red fruits.

15. twind59

twind59 Well-Known Member

Want: Borage seeds
    Have: Ipomea(cardinal climber) and Celosia(cockscomb)
    Thanks
    Barry
    Indianapolis

16. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Well-Known Member

Kenuchelover

I was wondering if I could buy or trade for some Tahitian Melon Squash seed? I grew some several years ago but lost the seed. Loved how some keep for over a year and squash bugs dont like em. Only thing I have to trade is some Green Striped Cushaw seed.

17. kenuchelover

kenuchelover Well-Known Member

I'd be more than happy to swap.... just PM me.

I sent you a PM about this a week or two back, but got no reply. Maybe the system ate it?