Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember the last time this happened! A couple years ago, we were shocked to have a couple flakes the day before Thanksgiving, and a couple years before that, a white Christmas. BUT! The first of November is almost unheard of!! It's sticking too, in places. Crazy!

·
Premium Member
12,677 Posts
We finally made it up to 36 but it's so windy you don't care to stay outside and really feel it, but no snow to play in either. Supposed to go down to 25 tonight with a frost warning, freeze whatever, I just know it's cold and I'm not ready for it to stay around. We return to low 60s next week so yay.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The snow that fell in the Midlands on Saturday morning is the earliest in recorded history.
Since 1880, there has never been a snowfall in Columbia before this date, according to the National Weather Service. How rare is this event? The first freeze doesn't normally happen until November 10.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3222070/posts

Reactions: DAVID In Wisconsin

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
The back deck is still froze where the sun doesn't hit. Plenty of white on raises surfaces and 25 mph winds from the north. NOOOOOOOOO FUN!

Wade

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Saw a few flakes in the air today, but none stuck. It is to get to 31 tonight then 42 tomorrow, then get warmer through the week till next Saturday. I still have to get wood into the cellar, Have to split some yet, should be done this week.

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
It's a day that makes you thankful for a roof over your head. Some friends in Lexington County had just over 3.5 inches. We saw some flurries here in Calhoun County, but 25-35 mph winds and cold cold rain. It'll freeze in Fort Motte tomorrow night.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Pretty weird to get snow in SC this early!

From what I read, the Atlantic coast of Canada will get pounded with snow this year. N. WI is supposed to be just a bit colder than normal. Don't know if the whole east coast is to have a bad winter though. It was about 18F here last night!

·
This is my life
3,864 Posts
had some here in mid state of SC as well. Just could not believe it, I had to keep looking out the window LOL

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I had my first morning ice in 1 of the dog water containers (have 5) and some frosted grass in spots this morning. It was 32 at 8am. Fire in the stove sure felt good.

·
Registered
551 Posts
We had sleet and light snow Friday here in Indiana but nothing major, more wind than anything! Gonna be another LONG winter :yuck:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hey folks - it's because of global warming - I often wonder what happened to Al Gore - he must be hiding somewhere - I would like to rub his face in the snow -
He is up north trying to push polar bears off the ice into the water and drown them, so he can have proof of global warming.

Yes, no snow over night even though they predicted it, barely frosted over night too.

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
He is up north trying to push polar bears off the ice into the water and drown them, so he can have proof of global warming.

Yes, no snow over night even though they predicted it, barely frosted over night too.
Trouble is, he can find no open water and he is getting tired. Maybe we can send in greenpeace to give him a hand?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts