Notice to Florida Veterans - good news

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moopups, May 15, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    As of July 1st, 2006, all veterans and retired military can purchase the Gold Pass Combination hunting and fishing license for under $25.00. This license covers salt and fresh waters, duck stamp, bow hunting, muzzle load season and all other aspects of required permits. The normal cost to state residents is $83.50. Putting that critter in the pot will be less costly for those whom have served.

2. Obser

Obser "Mobile Homesteaders"

Moopups, that is great news. Do you know if it applies only to Florida residents?

Many states have various discounts to veterans or seniors but restrict them to current state residents (sometimes to only those who can prove they have been residents for a specified length of time).

3. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    This is a benifit Florida's government is putting in place for veterans whom have lived here more than 6 months.

4. Obser

Obser "Mobile Homesteaders"

Shucks. I entered the military from my home in Florida and returned there afterward but am not a current resident, so evidently the state doesn't consider me a "Florida veteran". Someone who served with me and who had never been to Florida until retiring there six months ago would qualify.

"There ain't no justice". Just kidding. It isn't a major issue for me.

However, one of the disadvantages of our mobile lifestyle is that non-resident fishing and hunting license fees discourage us from pursuing those activities (legally).

5. Brighid1971

Brighid1971 Well-Known Member

Moopups,
    Thank you for this little tip. I sent it along to my dad as he and my mom have lived in Bascom, FL for a bit over 2 years. Dad was a Navy man for 30+ years and they retired to Florida from NJ. Much appreciated...

Heather in South Jersey