Not sure this will work...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ravenlost, Dec 17, 2006.

1. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

I like how she thinks.Respect her on a human level vrs. a possessions level.
    But I'm a believer that house size doesnt define you as better.Im very content to have a small house.Certainly has allowed me much more freedom to live life on my terms and not the banks or employers terms.

BooBoo

2. RachAnn in NW Okla

RachAnn in NW Okla Well-Known Member

I saw this yesterday when I opened the internet and thought of all of my homesteading friends

Rachel

3. WisJim

WisJim Well-Known Member Supporter

Could you explain what this is about for those of us with slow connections who don't want to tie up the phone lines downloading videos?

4. suzyhomemaker09

suzyhomemaker09 Well-Known Member

It's about a woman who in an effort to be eco aware built a small home on a trailer and can travel freely without encumberances or material worries. It's a rather cute little hoome she's built herself... it would be difficult for a family but it seems to work well for her.

5. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

I couldn't get the video, but was wondering if the camper she built was any improvement over one built in a factory. It would be hard to build one at home with all the perks that are in the factory made ones such as water heater, furnace, refrigerater/freezer, water tank, dual holding tanks, 12v and 120v lights, battery charger, electric brakes, microwave, gas stove with oven, shower, lavratory, stool, ample cabinets, insulation, tv antena, stableizer jacks, and a pop-out or two if you like. plus tandem axles for smoother more stable ride. Bought used wouldn't cost a fortune. Finding places to park that don't cost a bundle would be the deciding factor on whether or not to "live on the road"

6. stanb999

stanb999 Well-Known Member

The video looks cute. But the whole premis of it is she lives off other people. She has no shower or pottie. This is a hippie pipe dream. In the "real world" she must leach on others for her basic needs. Would she not have a smaller "foot print" if she just stayed in the house she lives by?

7. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

I liked the video but saw little of the actual home itself. Saw the kitchen's one burner and her loft. What about a toilet? Shower? Looks like she doesn't need much in the way of heat or insulation where she lives. That would not be practical in most places in the US from a standpoint of either hot or cold temps.

Seems cute, but not practical at all. Especially since she has to depend on others, I'd say she's not "free" at all but beholden to others for her lifestyle.

But, she does have chutzpah!