Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called in work today- took today for myself-
I put on my outfit and apron- made coffee and breakfast for DH- Sent him on his way
Woke son up he got read- made him breakfast packed his lunch
drove him to school came home
started laundry-
I got 3 loads washed and hung up on the lines-
canned 7 quarts of tomato sauce- filled another roast with more sauce to be canned tomorrow
made 18 stuffed peppers for this weeks lunches/dinner and froze some
made potato soup from leftover scalloped potatoes- for dinner- packed the left overs for lunch tomorrow
washed many a dishes-
My night ended with going to Quilting at the church-

good heaven's is this what retirement is like?!!?!?

oh and I fell on the steps- LOL- I look abused!

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you- it felt like a practice run all day

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's my kind of perfect day too, minus the falling on the steps part. Whenever I get a day like that I realize how much more efficient I could be if I never had to leave the driveway...I spend too much time commuting every day.

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's my kind of perfect day too, minus the falling on the steps part. Whenever I get a day like that I realize how much more efficient I could be if I never had to leave the driveway...I spend too much time commuting every day.

I try so hard to get some "homesteading" in everyday-

I got up this morning put our bedclothes in the wash- hung them before leaving for work- got home from work took them down-
went to pick raspberries/golden-purple-red and black berries- got a whole peck full- and you can't even tell I picked!!!
I also picked about 14 yellow peppers to add to 1shotwade's Monster Mash- we now have 7 pints and 2 quarts of this killer hot sandwich spread- it should last until 2030!
canned the second roaster of tomato sauce- 7 more quarts-
after letting the berries soak in a mild vinegar water- I pulled out the most firm and filled 3 trays of the dehydrator with them-
the rest are in the fridge- to eat and be made into jam-
dinner was the already made stuffed peppers-
now- is couchtime- and wine time ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts