Not in the news too much: Mysterious booms around the world

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by PrairieClover, Nov 22, 2017.

1. PrairieClover

PrairieClover Well-Known Member

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/11/21/mysterious-booms-heard-in-colorado/

Unexplainable? Some of the stories I've read regarding these mysterious booms contain quotes from scientists at NASA and USGS as well as the other experts on astronomy and meteorology and officials from the military, with all of them saying it wasn't them or anything they have knowledge of or measurement of.
    If you're not wearing your tinfoil hat, then go back out and only come in if you're wearing one. ;)

2. hunter63

hunter63 Well-Known Member

3. CajunSunshine

CajunSunshine Joie de vivre!

I am willing to bet a platter of alligator balls that the booms heard at different times and places around the world are bolides. They are heard more often than seen. The fact that a swarm of them seem to occur during a certain time period also points to the possibility of the noises being a celestial event.

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/B/Bolide

A bolide is a meteor that is brighter than the planet Venus (i.e. a fireball), and which explodes or breaks up (usually accompanied by a sonic boom) before reaching the ground. There are of order 5,000 bolides per year fall to Earth but very few of these are actually observed. This is because:

• they fall over the sparcely populated areas that make up the majority of the Earth (including oceans)
    • they fall during the day and are masked by the brightness of the Sun
    • they fall during the night when few people are awake to observe them.

BTW, alligator balls are wonderful things, indeed:

https://www.cajuncookingrecipes.com/alligator/alligator3.htm

ALLIGATOR BALLS
    • 1 lb Chopped alligator meat
    • Egg
    • 1 tb Finely chopped onions
    • 1 tb Finely chopped celery
    • 1 tb Finely chopped parsley
    • 2 tb Finely chopped shallots
    • 2 ts Lemon pepper
    • 1/2 ts Salt
    • 1/4 c Bread crumbs
    • 1 c Cooking oil
    • Flour to dredge
    1. Combine all ingredients, form 1 inch diameter balls, allow to set one hour.
    2. Dredge in flour and fry till brown. Serve hot.
    Enjoy with cold beer or a glass of fine wine, your call.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    farmrbrown likes this.
  4. PrairieClover

No, not a platter of alligator balls.
    I like to include links with my comments where appropriate for further information, which I did.
    This remains unexplainable (IMHO) but I do like to wonder while wearing my tinfoil hat.

CajunSunshine likes this.
  5. CajunSunshine

CajunSunshine Joie de vivre!

Lol, I included the recipe at the last minute, just in case a non-Cajun might be thinking I was being...um...obscene or something.

I also saw on the interwebs a few cool new designs for homemade tinfoil hats, but I lost track of them all, lol.

Nyxchik, hunter63 and PrairieClover like this.
  6. GTX63

GTX63 Well-Known Member

They are not sonic booms, they are signals...like an alarm clock going off. But don't be confused, this isn't about the return of Der Fortunato the Elder. He isn't from Saturn anyway and his civilization went south in 1440 old world calendar. This was all discussed years ago via the deepnet. Be concerned about beta reticula 3 and any orbit variances from the mothmen. Their movements are key to any future revelations.

7. Steve_S

Steve_S Well-Known Member

This is an excellent site fort tracking such things globally... this is NOT a one of occurrence.
    http://strangesounds.org/mystery-booms-and-rumblings
    There's other info there as well on earth disasters, natural mysteries and more... interesting site.

BTW read the comments and get ready for gut bustingly funny, stupid comments. In some cases, highlights the need for better psychiatric hospitals with more beds.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  8. PrairieClover

well, frickasee bunnies.
    WTH?
    Okay, so the one we heard and felt yesterday, which is why I was posting without confessing, was supposedly not an earthquake, which I believe it wasn't. It sounded like it was overhead. Many in the area heard it and or felt it.
    I did read the comments on the strange sounds link. I didn't think it was that funny at all. Some are very uneducated theologically, some had great ideas/reports, and others know what they experienced was real and frightening.
    What is going on?
    I'm thinking you two are not getting the full benefit of wearing tinfoil and you really need to see if you can find a new model, perhaps at a Black Friday sale.
    Mothmen are fruitcakes.

9. frogmammy

frogmammy Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the clarification, CajunSunshine, I had thought you meant the OTHER kind. And THEN I started wondering where they keep them......

Mon

CajunSunshine likes this.
  10. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

Planes and "bolides" are the two most common causes.

Lockheed-Martin admitted they caused some last week in PA, and bolides occur around 5000 times a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolide

PrairieClover likes this.
  11. PrairieClover

lockheed took responsibility for this as well

12. MichaelZ

MichaelZ Well-Known Member Supporter

A guy posting in comments named Teddy, has a theory. upload_2017-11-28_17-32-6.png