Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started with a cold last Sunday/Monday. I am still not feeling good so finally went to the doctor. I have sinusitis & bronchitis. :( Got a prescription & hopefully I will start to feel better soon. I don't have time to be sick!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Get some rest and hope you get feeling better soon!

Reactions: Tricky Grama

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got sick Thursday night. Have/had a stopped up nose,running nose,sore throat,and head was hurting. Hope you feel better soon

·
Registered
622 Posts
it's good you went in and now have meds.

BUT you need to be eating yogurt to keep your system up and running. Now get some rest and get better as I want to see your pantry again this year, as you are my inspiration to keep on canning and filling my shelves.

so get a nice comfy quilt out and snuggle up and rest a bit. I need ya to be here.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
You're exactly right, Wendy, you don't have time to be sick. I've seen your schedule!

Here's another home remedy to add: this one comes from my osteopath.

Mix 2 tablespoons of raw vinegar and 1 tablespoon of raw honey in a mug of hot water. His nurse said to slam the first mug, then to sip 3 or 4 mugs a day. It was wonderful at cutting through all the gunk in the back of my throat.

·
Registered
622 Posts
You're exactly right, Wendy, you don't have time to be sick. I've seen your schedule!

Here's another home remedy to add: this one comes from my osteopath.

Mix 2 tablespoons of raw vinegar and 1 tablespoon of raw honey in a mug of hot water. His nurse said to slam the first mug, then to sip 3 or 4 mugs a day. It was wonderful at cutting through all the gunk in the back of my throat.
I do mine a tad different as I add a drop or 2 eucalyptis oil, it works wonders for sure

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. I have things sitting here that need canned. I hope to get it done in the next couple of days as I can't stand it to go to waste.

For now I have been sitting in my chair sewing on a Christmas tablecloth. I have a craft show next weekend that I want to have it done for.

What I hate most is the shortness of breath that comes with bronchitis. I feel like I've ran a marathon!

On the plus side, I lost about 10 lbs since my last doctor visit. :) It's been about a year & a half since I have been in the office. My blood pressure was a little high, but he told me to come back in about 3 weeks to have it checked again.

I love my doctor! My office visit was only $46 & the meds were $4, so not bad at all.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Don't forget to add some Mucinex to your meds to help clear your chest and apply some Vicks vapor rub to the soles of your feet then put on a pair of white cotton socks.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Take care Wendy, there is a lot of that going on here. Upper respiratory illness. My sister is just getting over bacterial pneumonia. There are several others in this area that are sick. It's nothing to mess around with.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts