Not enuf time?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by RockyRooster, Jun 7, 2006.

1. RockyRooster

RockyRooster Well-Known Member

Hello my homesteading friends,

I dont know how many of you out there are having a hard time keeping up with all the work that needs to be done around the house. But I have a big problem with it.
    You see not only do I work full-time, but I also have a flower garden, vegetable garden, chickens, rabbits, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a 55 gallon aquarium. Not to mention 2 sons who still live with me, 1 husband, and two grandchildren.

Things get to the point where they overwhelm me, so I just dont do anything.
    I found this funny, wonderful website that has given me hope. Thought you all would enjoy.

http://www.flylady.net/index.asp

RockyRooster :hobbyhors

2. hmsteader71

hmsteader71 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm home all the time and I STILL don't get everything done. I find too many other things I would rather do.

3. frazzlehead

frazzlehead AppleJackCreek Supporter

In Project Management, they say the problem is not that you don't have enough time, it's that you have too much to do!

Thinking about it that way somehow makes me feel better. Dunno why, maybe because I feel like I can reduce the amount of stuff to do, but there's no way to make more time, given that my magic time turner is busted.... :)

4. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Children + grandchildren = free labor

I dont do the flower garden thing (yet) and I dont work outside the home...sometimes I babysit...but my kids are quite capable and willing (YES!)
    to help.

Yesterday we made a big push to get most of the warm crops planted and cleaned two chix coops....plus housework-- laundry, dishes, sweeping, bathroom, dusting....and my son mowed the lawn in the evening. It has been nothing but rain lately but yesterday was HOT and sunny.

Often times they dont get elaborate meals when its a work day but in winter I make it up to them :) I milk before breakfast and after supper and my 10yo daughter does water/hay/ calf bottle while I milk....I'll be glad when she learns to milk :baby04:

My husband cuts wood(3hrs aday on weekends) and hunts(sleeps in treestand :nono: ) and fills the barn with hay(we buy) and stops by the feedstore for me ....and plays golf....and works full-time and eats like a KING.

5. oldmanriver

oldmanriver Well-Known Member

I started working on our homestead 3 years ago and if Ilive to be 200 or so I might get it all done..

6. turtlehead

turtlehead Well-Known Member

The power of "No".

One of my greatest accomplishments was telling the kids they were limited to ONE extracurricular activity each. Really reduced my running around and away from home time.

I hear good things about flylady.