Nosey Neighbor

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Gary in AL, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Gary in AL

Gary in AL Well-Known Member

My neighbor Earl has been actin real strange here of late. This morning I found him just walkin around in my front yard, checkin out my shubery and then over to the flowers. Well that was ok he left after awhile. Then this afternoon he was in whats left of the the garden pickin the green tomatoes that were on the vine when we had our first freeze. He got what he wanted and then again he walked back to his house. Well when I came out tonight to feed the dog He tried to sneak up on me out of the bushes and then stuck his nose up to my rear. I like my neighbors but he's gettin just a little to friendly with that move.
    If ya hadn't guessed by now Earl isn't human, I don't think, he thinks he is. Earl is a goat my neighbor aquired from a friend, th neighbor tries to keep Earl chained in different places around his place cause he doesn't have a fence but Earl keeps escapin. My neighbor has been hint'n for me to take him but I don't know what kind Earl is I'm plannin on gettin some milk goats in th spring. Tell if you know what kind he is by this description: Black face with tan around the sides, black body, tan butt, tan legs, about 3' to 31/2' at th shoulder and one killer set of horns that flat and spread out to the sides rather back and are about 2' or so tip to tip. oh yeah, he loves to stick out his tongue and razz ya.
    Earl is the most fun I have had in a while he a hoot (no offense hoot).
    Gary

2. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Does his Ears stick up or flop.

big rockpile

3. Gary in AL

His ears flop down, rock.

4. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Sounds like Nubian.I had a Big Old Nubian Buck he was my Buddy.

big rockpile

5. Gary in AL

Well, it has progressed a little,rock. After playing with with Earl my DW says I gotta strip down before I can come in th house. He's fun but he shore do stink. I think he knows it and is proud of it.

6. Oxankle

Oxankle Well-Known Member

Gary;

Ol' Earl is a shore 'nuff Nubian Buck and he has a killer scent for ladies. The ladies of his species appreciate that smell, but it will gag a maggot for the rest of us. If you spend any time playing with Earl you are likely to get a lot less loving at home than you are used to.

My wife would not even let me pen a buck goat upwind of the house. Had to keep them at least a hundred yards away. I really did not blame her.
    Ox

7. bumpus

bumpus Well-Known Member

That tongue hanging out means he wants to breed something or someone.

Be careful he could hurt you, when you least expect it.
    Don't turn your back on him, he might jump on your back side,
    and knock you to the ground.

The stink comes natural, learn to live with it, or say bye bye !