nosebleed??

Discussion in 'Goats' started by lijj, Aug 18, 2006.

1. lijj

lijj Well-Known Member

My 3 year old nubian doe has a nosebleed! Not too bad, just a little blood coming out of the nose so you can see it.

I noticed some dried blood on her nose yesterday.

Do goats get nosebleeds? Why?? I'm all worried b/c we had a dog who sneezed and got nosebleeds (my goat isn't sneezing) and she had a malignant tumor and we had to put her down :(

2. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Is it dry where you are? I have never heard of a got with a nose bleed, but I will look it up on my vet forum. Good luck. I am sure someone will know. Is it possible that she smacked her nose on something or someone?(another goat).

3. lijj

lijj Well-Known Member

I was thinking she may have hit her nose on something. Yes it is actually dry where I am... not like desert dry, but we haven't got a good rain in a week or two. I'm in Northern Pennsylvania.

4. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Also, if they are browsing, grazing, or simply eating hay, it is very possible for them to ram a stem up their nose into the soft skin.....its a possibility anyway. :shrug:

5. rranch

rranch Well-Known Member

Our rottie had nose bleeds and snottiy nose(sneezed) alot for about a year. The vet never did diagnose it until the tumor growth on his leg showed up. It turned out to be a very advanced cancer. We also thought he just had bad hip displasia.
    The vet just couldn't see it. But we kept him for an estra year. Good luck.

6. lijj

lijj Well-Known Member

Yea she doesn't really sneeze or anything, there's no snot. I'll just watch it.

Perhaps she just got a nosebleed like humans do?